Top 5 Best Laptops for Architects
As the world is modernizing quickly, the way of working is also changing. Those days were gone when you have to sit long hours on a desktop for architectural designs. And probably you might miss some holiday trips with your friends. In those days, laptops were too big and bulky and have less power backup, therefore laptops were the bad choice to invest in.
But as technology improves, now laptops become the first choice for architects to work. Nowadays, Gaming laptops are also slim, stylish yet enough powerful and have large battery life than ever before. The dedicated GPU in a laptop can run all software like AutoCAD, Revit, 3DS Max, and many more.
Hardware Requirements for Laptops For Architects
1. CPU: Latest Generation Multicore Intel Processor (i5, i7, i9) or equivalent AMD chipset with SSE2 technology. However for lag-free experience, the highest CPU rating is required.
2. GPU: You can choose any dedicated graphics card between Nvidia & AMD. But it should have at least 4GB of memory and support DirectX® 11.
3. RAM: Larger the RAM better is the workflow. Minimum of 8GB of RAM with 3200Mhz clock speed and extend up to 32GB for better results.
4. Storage: As we know only 30-50GB of space is required to install the 3D design software. But architects need extra storage to save and store their projects. Therefore at least 250GB of SSD storage is required.
Here we have compiled the list of the top 5 best laptops for architects. These all laptops are of different price range and fit well in your budget.
1. Acer Predator Helios 300
Considering the hardware, this laptop is definitely a good choice for architects and 3D designs learner. Despite from hardware configuration, 15.6 inches display with a 144Hz refresh rate provides a flawless working experience. The overall look of the laptop is further enhanced by its design. The laptop looks strong and sturdy.
The powerful performance of this laptop is well supported by its cooling system. The fourth-generation aero blade fan keeps the heat down and enhances the performance. An RGB backlit keyboard, DTS X ultra speaker, Predator Sense App, and Killer Double shot Pro App are the key features of this laptop.
- CPU: 10th Generation Intel Core i7-10750H 6-Core Processor
- RAM: 16 GB DDR4 2933MHz Dual-Channel Memory
- Storage: 512GB NVMe SSD (2 x M.2 slots)
- Display: 15.6-inch FHD IPS (1920 x 1080) with 144Hz Refresh Rate
- GPU: Overclockable NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 with 6 GB GDDR6 Memory
- Battery: Up to 6 hours
2. ASUS ProArt StudioBook Pro
The Asus ProArt StudioBook comes with desktop-class hardware. The big 17.3 inches PANTONE validated display with nano bezels give better visibility and helpful during 3D designing. The WUXGA display has a 97% DCI-P3 wide color gamut and DELTA E<2 color accuracy, which gives super sharp and detailed visuals.
You can seamlessly draw your creations, thanks to NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000 graphics which is specially optimized for professional software. The laptop comes with all necessary connectivity ports( all are high-performance gigabit-class ports). This is the perfect mobile workstation for architects who have to travel for their work.
- CPU: Intel Xeon E-2276M Hexa-core Processor 2.8GHz (up to 4.7GHz)
- RAM: 32GB DRR4 RAM (upgradable up to 64GB)
- Storage: 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD
- Display: 17.3-inch WUXGA FHD+ (1920 x 1200) NanoEdge matte display
- GPU: 6GB NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000 Max-Q VRAM
- Battery: Up to 7 hours
3. Dell XPS 15 9500 Touchscreen Laptop
Dell XPS 15 is the slimmest and most beautiful laptop on this list. With the highly polished stainless logos with diamond cut sidewalls, this laptop is totally masterful craftsmanship. The stunning 4k+ display has 16 million ultra-vivid colors, which increases the brightness of the display. The thermal design of this laptop ensures supreme performance.
The laptop is BFR/PVC free, it does not have materials like mercury, cadmium, lead, and some phthalates. With 90% recyclable and reusable parts and 100% recyclable bamboo packaging, this XPS 15 is Energy-Star certified.
- CPU: 10th Gen Intel Core i7-10750H 2.6GHz
- RAM: 16GB DDR4 SDRAM
- Storage: 1TB SSD
- Display: 15.6-inch UHD+ (3840 x 2400)
- GPU: 4GB NVIDIA GTX 1650 Ti
- Battery: Up to 12 hours
4. Acer Aspire 7 Laptop
For those consumers who have a tight budget to buy a professional laptop, then this Acer laptop makes things easy for you. Acer Aspire 7 is the budget-friendly laptop in this segment. Its ultrathin chassis housing the Intel Core i5 processor. The processor is tuned with a dedicated Nvidia GTX 1650 having 4GB memory.
The display comes with Acer Color Intelligence and Acer ExaColor technology by which display produces accurate and very sharp colors. This laptop also has very thin bezels and have 81.6% screen to body ratio. Overall, its powerful hardware specifications make it the perfect laptop for Revit, AutoCAD, AutoDesk Maya, and many more.
- CPU: 2.4GHz Intel Core i5-9300H
- RAM: 8GB
- Storage: 512GB SSD
- Display: 15.6-inch FHD IPS (1920 x 1080)
- GPU: 4GB NVIDIA GTX 1650
- Battery: Up to 8.5 hours
5. Apple MacBook Pro
The MacBook comes with an Intel Core i7 processor and delivers higher performance for rendering 3D models. Apple claims this MacBook is the most powerful notebook Apple has ever made. The notebook has a touch bar, magic keyboard with a scissor mechanism key travel. The big bass speakers and studio-quality three-mic array are the key features of this notebook.
MacBook comes with lots of Pros and Cons for architects. Despite a lot of compatibility issues with some software like Revit, Rhino. Still, some students and engineers prefer to carry MacBook for their work. If you are a MacBook enthusiast then prefer the MacBook with maximum RAM because you cannot upgrade it further.
- CPU: 9th Gen Intel Core i7-9750H Processor 2.6GHz (up to 4.5GHz)
- RAM: 16GB
- Storage: 512GB SSD
- Display: 16-inch IPS Retina (3072 x 1920) with 226ppi resolution
- GPU: AMD Radeon Pro 5300M 4GB GDDR6 with Intel UHD Graphics 630
- Battery: Up to 11 hours
These are the top five laptops you can buy for your design work.