What to Do When a Tree Falls on Your Property
No one is immune to the devastating effects of a storm—and that includes the trees in your landscape. Even the strongest species of trees will seem helpless when an intense storm hits the area. You can only imagine what a damaging storm can cause your trees along with the winds and heavy rains.
JD Tree, LLC has been servicing Greensboro, NC for over a decade, and we have seen the worst scenario brought by a bad weather condition. We have collated simple yet helpful tips to help you get back on track when a tree lands on your home. Alternatively, on the West coast check out emergency tree removal by certified tree professionals in Roseville, California.
How to Handle the Situation If a Tree Falls on Your Home
- Don't panic. Before you do anything, make sure your family is out of danger first. Get out of the house as safe as you can, and do not enter until professionals come to help.
- Contact 911 if power lines are involved. Electrical lines are dangerous and can start a fire if not attended to immediately. Call your local utility company to remedy the situation after turning off the power from your home.
- Switch off gas lines. Gas lines are typically underground, which is why they can be damaged as the stump of the tree gets exposed from the fall. Call your gas company and shut off the gas line as a precautionary measure and let the professionals determine if it's damaged or not.
- Call for an emergency tree removal. An expert tree service can come to your service as soon as you call us. We will work urgently to provide a safe tree removal service and restore the cleanliness and order in your home.
- Document everything. We encourage you to take photos of your home's condition to show your insurance company. This will help you get your claim without any hassle and delay. Be sure to keep all receipts from other services performed in your home to provide to your insurance agent.
- Get in touch with the insurance company. Your insurance company will most likely send someone from their team to inspect the damage in person. In general, natural disasters such as storms, hail storms, and trees falling on your roof will be covered by your insurance provider. However, if the accident happens due to negligence on your end or you chose to DIY tree removal instead of calling a professional, you will most likely pay for the repairs.
- Don't make permanent repairs until your claim is approved. Not all insurance companies cover everything in terms of repair costs. Some have limits, which means you are liable for whatever they don't cover. You can, however, go through an appeal process by showing all quotes for the repairs to prove that repairs cost that much. Just make sure to keep the receipts for reference.
- Plant a new tree. We never want to see a tree fall down. The next best thing to do when they do is plant a new one. Give it the proper care and nourishment it needs to thrive and see it grow into a healthy, mature tree. Don't be afraid to add a new tree in your yard, as they are an essential part of the world we live in.
How JD Tree, LLC can Help
JD Tree, LLC is dedicated to providing high-quality tree service to all of our valued customers. We understand the value of trees in our existence, which is why we do our best to give them all the love and care they deserve.
Don't take your trees for granted. Call us when you require expert assistance with tree care. We offer a wide variety of tree services, including tree trimming, removal, stump grinding, and emergency tree service. We are the one-stop-shop for all your residential tree service requirements!
JD Tree, LLC, 909 Morehead Ave C, Greensboro , NC 27403, 919-818-0575