A Guide on How to Get Rid of Bed Bugs Permanently
Bed bug infestations have always been common. They're becoming even more of an issue worldwide, though, especially in parts of North America and Europe.
Are you currently dealing with a bed bug problem in your home? If so, chances are you're also wondering how to get rid of bed bugs permanently.
Read on to learn some strategies you can implement today to say goodbye to these pesky critters once and for all.
What Causes Bed Bug Infestations?
Before we dive into the steps you need to take to rid of bed bugs permanently, let's go over what causes infestations in the first place. This information will be instrumental when it comes to keeping your home safe and preventing future problems.
There are lots of potential bed bug infestation causes. Most of the time, they attach themselves to your clothing or to your belongings and then enter your home when you bring these things inside.
Here are some of the most common ways they can get into your house:
- Staying overnight in a motel, hotel, or resort
- Using public transportation
- Guests bring them from their homes or from somewhere they've stayed
- Kids bring them home from friends' houses
- You bring them home from work
- They attach to used furniture
The key to avoiding bed bugs is not to never leave your house or let anyone in. It's important to do thorough inspections, though, and be on the lookout for potential invaders.
How to Get Rid of Bed Bugs Permanently
Now that you know more about how bed bugs get into your home, let's cover the steps you can take to get rid of them. Here are some Tips & Products that really work to get rid of bed bugs. Plus, when it comes to figuring out how to get rid of bed bugs fast and permanently, here are some essential steps you ought to go through:
- Wash all fabrics with hot water (heat kills bed bugs)
- Vacuum and deep clean your mattress (put your vacuum in a plastic bag afterward and leave it outside to suffocate any bed bugs you picked up)
- Fill in all wall cracks and crevices
- Get rid of clutter and eliminate spaces where bed bugs can hide
- Seal off furniture that can't be cleaned in plastic casings
- Steam clean your home on a regular basis
- Call a pest control service if these steps don't work
Get your home treated on a regular basis, too. This can be a good preventive measure that helps you keep it clean and makes your belongings and your house as a whole less vulnerable to infestations.
Say Goodbye to Bed Bugs Today
As you can see, it is possible to eliminate bed bugs. Now that you know how to get rid of bed bugs permanently, it's time to get to work. Follow these steps and you'll have a home free of bed bugs before you know it.
Do you want to learn more about maintaining your home and keeping it safe from all kinds of pests? If so, check out some of the other health and home improvement resources on our site today.
Did you find this article helpful? Share your thoughts with friends...