What Is Bharat Gas and How to Get Bharat Gas Connection?
LPG - also known as liquefied petroleum gas - is a widely used fuel for the purpose of cooking. LPG is provided by various distributors in India such as Hindustan Petroleum, Bharat Gas Ltd and Indane. Bharat Gas is the LPG distributing part of BPCL. A venture was initiated by the government of India, called as BPCL to distribute LPG, petroleum and diesel. Bharat gas stands as one of the most prominent gas connection distributors in India.
How to book a new gas connection online from Bharat Gas Ltd?
Bharat gas has launched an online portal known as “Bharat Gas”, to make to the process of registering for a new gas connection easy and hassle-free. This initiative is also to benefit the older and disabled section of society, who have trouble during offline processes. Now, waiting in the long queues is over.
Getting a new gas connection online in easy steps:
- A new gas connection can only be Registration on the official website of the Bharat gas. The individual applying for a new gas connection has to register on the web portal as a new customer.
- The option of “new user” appears on the home page. The details asked, have to be filled ( name and mobile number of the applicant) to start the process of Registration.
- For the individuals who haven’t registered their mobile number, the print out of application form must be filled.
- The next step for a successful Registration is getting an SMS on the number entered in the above steps. The SMS contains registration details of the applicant.
- Using the registration details, sign in to the online portal of Bharat Gas Ltd.
- After signing in, the option stating “new LPG domestic connection” must be chosen. (The process for industrial connection is little different.)
- The online form for new gas connection application appears on the screen of the applicant. All the required information must be filled properly and carefully. Submit the application after completion of the form.
- Some documents are required for verification. A scanned copy of asked documents must be uploaded online. An individual can also choose the option of presenting the documents to the nearest distributor office.
- After the successful registration of online form, an SMS is sent to the applicant. There is also an option to track the progress of the application.
E- Sahaj initiative for new gas connections
A new initiative by the government to make the process of registering a new gas connection easy and more accessible. This initiative is a part of Digital India. It promotes the online procedure of getting an online connection along with online payment options. It is also an efficient way to track the number of LPG cylinders and gas regulators issued to the people, against a security deposit amount in India. Many verification proofs have to be submitted such as identity card, Aadhar card and address proof in order to enable the PAHAL scheme. The documents must be submitted as scanned copies in jpeg or pdf format.