Trans4mind Home Page
Home Article Library Health & Fitness Pregnancy, Female & Sexual Issues

Who Do You See for Erectile Dysfunction?

Problems achieving or maintaining an erection aren't necessarily serious if they are short-lived and only occur sporadically. Any variety of explanations is possible. It could be the result of lack of sleep, anxiety, excessive alcohol consumption, or even the unwanted effects of a new medication.

However, erectile dysfunction affects some men more frequently and for a longer period (ED). Older males are at a higher risk, but getting older has nothing to do with it. An external factor is present in roughly 75% of ED cases. This necessitates a trip to the doctor's office.

The followings are the doctors that you may go to for the treatment of erectile dysfunction...

1. Urologists 

Urologists are medical professionals who focus on urinary and sexual health issues. If you are experiencing reproductive system issues, they can help you identify them. If you experience ED symptoms but don't have any underlying physical or mental issues like cardiovascular disease, hypertension, or anxiety, you can see a urologist.

ED is a common symptom of prostate problems. To rule out prostate disorders that could lead to impotence, your urologist may do a physical exam. Your urologist may take your blood pressure and examine your penis and testicles as part of a full physical examination. To evaluate the condition of your prostate, your doctor may perform a rectal exam and manually palpate your gland. 

Your urologist may also be interested in knowing how often you drink caffeine or alcohol, and whether or not you use diuretics. Each of these factors may be a contributing factor in ED. If your urologist suspects that a diuretic (one that makes you urinate more often) prescription or diuretic drinks (like coffee) is to blame for your ED, they may prescribe a different medication or advise you to consume less of these substances.

2. Endocrinologists 

Specialists in hormones, or endocrinologists. If you suspect that something is wrong with your hormone levels, a simple blood test can help. Men's erectile dysfunction may result from or be exacerbated by low testosterone levels.

ED can be brought on by hormone imbalances like:

  • When your body stops producing enough of the growth hormones and androgen, a condition known as andropause sets in.
  • Hormonal imbalance results in increased prolactin levels, which can lead to reduced sperm count, erectile dysfunction, and the production of breast milk in males. 

If you experience ED and other symptoms associated with these diseases, your doctor may recommend seeing an endocrinologist.

Your endocrinologist might also subject you to a series of other diagnostic procedures, such as:

  • A healthy sperm count ensures your reproductive health
  • An evaluation of prolactin levels to rule out hyperprolactinemia.
  • SHBG (sex hormone binding globulin) is a test for measuring how much testosterone is bound to proteins in the blood.
  • Dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate (DHEAS) tests and checks for androgen excess. 

3. Therapists and Psychologists 

Your ED may have psychological roots, which a mental health specialist can help you investigate. In addition to medical care, therapy can assist patients with ED overcome emotional and mental obstacles. Besides ED symptoms, you may want to see a doctor if you are suffering from any of the following,

  • Relationship troubles due to stress or communication difficulties 
  • Schizophrenia symptoms 
  • A personality disorder that hinders your capacity to maintain healthy relationships 
  • A heightened fear of not being able to have an erection all qualify as a psychological condition.

If a mental health provider suspects that anxiety, sadness, or another mental health disorder is at the root of your ED, they may send you questions to complete. By answering these questions, they can determine whether or not you exhibit classic symptoms of mental disease. Medication can help manage the symptoms of mental health conditions. If you're struggling to manage your erectile dysfunction, this may also help.

In a Nutshell 

If you were wondering who to see for erectile dysfunction, we hope this article helped. There is no simple solution to this concrete problem. However, we suggest seeing an, as we have specialists who can advise you on how to treat your ED and provide you with the medications you need.

That settles it, then. You now know the answer to the question of who to see about erectile dysfunction. And remember to check out Access Doctor for any further clarification you may require on intricate medical topics. Whenever you need assistance, we'll be here to provide it.

Health & Fitness Articles

Index pageAddictionAppearanceOvercome AgingChild HealthCooking & Diet TipsOvercome AgingDentalEducation & CareersEcology & EnvironmentExercise & FitnessEye Health & OptometryFun Activities & SportsHearing ProblemsIllness & InjuryMental HealthNutritional SupplementsPandemic AdviceRemedies & Pain ReliefCBD TreatmentsPetsSexualSleepStressWeight-LossWellbeingWorkplace
You'll find good info on many topics using our site search:
HomeEmail Webmaster