Tips to Help You Unwind
Sometimes we may find ourselves in times of intense stress. Whether you need to show up to an important exam or to deliver a presentation to a large audience, we've hopefully got you covered with the following tips.
1. Lift Your Hands
Having your arms in the air can help you chill out. You'll only need a few moments to relax and feel better.
- Stand with your feet apart, aligned with your hips
- Roll your shoulders back
- Extend your arms in front of you and lift them
- Straighten your elbows, wrists and fingers
- Relax your shoulders and your neck
- Look forward and try to maintain your head straight
- Hold this position for about 30 to 60 seconds.
2. Write Down Your Worries
Take a pen and a piece of paper and write down your worries. This will help you get them out of your head, in order to make room for more lucrative thoughts.
3. Have a Good Laugh
Laughter is one of the most effective methods to alleviate stress. Just bookmark some funny videos and watch them before those important moments of your life, in order to get rid of stress and anxiety.
4. Take a Deep Breath
Breathing exercises can also help you chill out. Here's an abdominal breathing technique you should try whenever you feel stressed.
- Put one hand on your stomach and the second one on the chest, just over the breastbone
- With your mouth open, sigh gently and allow your shoulders and your upper body muscles to relax as you exhale. Focus only on your upper body muscles.
- Close your mouth and inhale through the nose, slowly and gently, by expanding your stomach. Inhale as much air as you can, without feeling uncomfortable.
- Open your mouth and exhale through it while retracting your belly.
- Repeat for a few times or until you feel relaxed and worry-free.
5. Listen to Music
Listening to some of your favorite bands or tunes may help you relax and get rid of stress. Music can be a reminder of good times, so make sure you listen to some upbeat songs to help you chase away those stressful thoughts that prevent you from performing at your best.
6. Water is Relaxing
The sound of water is soothing and naturally helps you to relax. Why not bring the outdoors in with an indoor water fountain? Speak to Indoor Water Fountain Pros to find the perfect one for your home.
Did you find this article helpful? Share your thoughts with friends...
Want to submit an article? Click here...