Take Control of Your Life With Some
Anger Management Measures
Sometimes when you are pissed with your feelings and believe that nobody is listening, then to make your point stand, you express your feelings through anger. It becomes negative for others. In that case, you have to learn some ways to manage your anger issues and make your point stand in people.
Anger is an emotional feeling which simply means that the emotions which are not in control of your mind or emotions.
If your knee jerk response to anger is to detonate, in any case, that message never gets a chance to be passed on. In this way, while it's completely normal to feel irate or stressed when you've been abused, anger turns into an issue when you express it, it damages yourself or others.
Venting your anger is not good for your social image. It is because people may often misjudge you. Because of such misjudgment, it may cost your mental health, career, and also your relationships. Anger management is a researched and effective tool that helped many individuals to control their behavioral issues. Thus, to stand socially and professionally, it is really important to manage or control your anger.
Consequences of high anger level
Anger which makes you lose your control and flares up all the time can be dangerous for your health and personal life. It also has some serious concerns over your:
- Physical wellness - Constantly being at some high anger levels affects your health as it reduces the oxygen levels from your body and which may affect your heart health, immune system, and more.
- Mental Wellness - Constant anger also affects your mental health in the manner that whenever you are angrier than a huge amount of your energy is consumed or wasted over the same. It also affects your mental thinking too and can lead you to situations or problems like depression, stress, etc.
- Impact over your professional life - being criticized over your anger issues in your profession, makes an impact over your career growth as your seniors may misjudge your efficiency and ability due to your chronic anger problems.
- Impact over your personal life - Anger issues also affects your relations with the people who are very close to you. As you may lose your loved ones due to the scars which you may put to them due to your outburst's behaviors. It may cost you to lose the people who mean a lot in your life. It also makes others not to believe in you, not to feel comfortable around you.
Well, anger is not a disease for which you may require medical help. It is a situation that can be self-controllable only if you want to get rid of your high anger issues. You must have heard the anger Management is the set of skills that helps you in recognizing your anger issues and handles them most positively.
Ways to control your anger
Here we have listed some effective ways which will help you to control your anger issues:
- Start counting - This is the way that you all may be well aware of, but the real fact is that it is an effective measure. Make a habit that whenever you feel outburst, start counting from 1 to 10 or 100 for a few seconds. It will help in proving you some time to gather your feelings in yourself before blowing a fuse in front of others. Do try this measure, you will feel the change instantly.
- Take a deep breath - It is another common measure that is equally effective as whenever you feel to blow out than take a pause for a second and take a deep breath as it allows your body to supply fresh oxygen to your mind which instantly calms you down in a few seconds.
- Laughter therapy - You also have heard about this laughter medicine. It is also a way or a practice where you may have to make a habit of a start laughing out loud, whenever you feel angry. It may sound a little weird but this is called the laughter medicine. It automatically relaxes your mind.
- Take a break - Another measure is to simply slip out of the situation and press the pause button, which also helps in giving you some time to relax your mind.
- Physical activity - Sometimes, when your anger goes to an extreme level, then at such situations, you just have to release your anger through some high energy exercise like boxing, running, and more.
In the end
Do try these measures to manage your anger issues and to give yourself a happy life. It will help in making your life easier for you and for your near or dear ones. You will see a change by adopting such measures.
About the Author:
Henna is a wellness lifestyle writer. She loves sharing her thoughts and personal experiences related to natural remedies, yoga, and fitness through her writing. She currently writes for How To Cure. She can connect with others experiencing health concerns and help them through their recovery journeys through natural remedies.
Did you find this article helpful? Share your thoughts with friends...