Inspiring Quotes of the Week + super bonuses!
The 8 Mistakes Most Insomniacs Make
By Tony Strecker
As a result of Chronic Insomnia, people usually try to re-cooperate by taking actions to work around their Insomnia. All these actions actually make Insomnia worse, by drastically weakening the sleep system and perpetuating it instead of solving the problem; because they do not attack the "cause" of Insomnia, only its symptoms.
Here are some of these actions, you'll probably notice what you're doing right now falls somewhere on to this list. Being aware of these actions and their effects will give you a better perspective on your Insomnia
- Taking Sleeping Pills
This is the death rattle, which in most cases turns Insomnia into a life long condition.
- Going to bed early, and sleeping late on weekends to "Make up Sleep"
This makes Insomnia even more likely to happen as you are putting your body temperature levels out of wack. Creating the same effect that jet lag produces. This weakens your body's natural sleep system. You will also limit your exposure to sunlight, which plays a key role in your melatonin hormone levels.
- Trying to "make up" sleep with long naps during the day
This also weakens your body's natural sleep response, as you will be less likely to fall asleep later. Naps are OK, and actually part of a way to cure Insomnia, but only if you take them properly.
- Eating large amounts of food, sugar, or candy before going to sleep to try to make yourself sleepy or tired
Doing this does not solve the "cause" of insomnia, which is a weakened sleep system and a non-responsive "natural sleep response". You may feel sleepy, but you will still wake up Un-rested. Nearly all the sugar you eat is turned into fat by your body, which in turn can create risk of Sleep Apnea.
- Drinking alcohol before going to bed to induce sleep
Many people think that drinking a glass of wine before bed is a good idea. It might make you feel sleepy but the disadvantages are many. Alcohol dehydrates your body, making it more likely you will wake up during the night thirsty for water. You will also most likely feel un-rested, drowsy and dis-oriented the next day (hang-over). Drinking alcohol before bed will also increase fat gain drastically.
CAUTION: Alcohol should NEVER be combined with sleeping pills, it is extremely dangerous, and it has and can cause death.
- Not exercising, and using your "lack of sleep" as an excuse not to exercise
Lack of exercise plays a key-role in chronic Insomnia. Not exercising due to Insomnia only makes the Insomnia Cycle stronger; not exercising weakens the natural sleep response, as well as the sleep system. Not exercising weakens your metabolism, weakening your heart, creating respiratory problems, making you more likely to wake up during the night, or suffer from sleep apnea.
- Trying to force sleep
This will only increase your anxiety and frustration, weakening the "natural sleep response", and making the "SLEEP = PAIN" anchor stronger and more apparent for your mind.
- Reading a Book or Watching TV in Bed to Induce Sleepiness
Not only does watching TV or reading keep your "conscious" racing mind active, it also diminishes the "natural sleep response." As this supports the negative anchor in your mind that the process of falling asleep is something you have to AVOID. The more awake time you spend in your bed, the more your mind associates that the BED = AWAKE. SLEEP = PAIN.
Are you committing these insomnia 'crimes'? Now you know what to avoid when you prepare your night. Why not get the information advantage and get the whole truth about the inner science of your sleep system. Learn how to reduce your sleep, optimize your inner sleep clock, have more energy and time in your life than when you slept longer?
From our extensive site, you'll find good info on many topics using this search:
Looking for greater wellbeing?
Trans4mind Training is our series of online, interactive video workshops. We present the most effective methods of holistic personal development, combined with support from expert life coaches.
The human heart made visible.
Support your personal development with these popular and effective hypnosis downloads...
- Public Speaking Fear ~ Banish speaking anxiety and nerves with hypnosis.
- Motivate Yourself to Exercise ~ Build a powerful exercise habit that you can't break.
- Get Rid of Fear & Anxiety ~ Stop worry and apprehension wrecking your life.
- Self Esteem ~ Break the negative trance of low self esteem and give yourself a chance in life.
- Create Your Own Reality ~ Use the power of your unconscious mind to transform your life.
- Deeper Self Respect ~ Use hypnosis to connect with your true inner worth.
- Detach From Fear ~ Tune out nervousness and anxiety with hypnosis.
- Improving Concentration and Focus ~ Learn how to discipline, direct and command your mind to improve your performance.
- Exercise Motivation ~ Give you powerful keys to getting back on track with your exercise - and staying there.
- Overcoming Shyness ~ Provides an invisible security blanket allowing you to develop social ease and overcome shyness.
- Quick Confidence Booster ~ An audio hypnosis session that's specifically designed to get you (quickly!) back on track.
- Stop Negative Thoughts ~ Learn powerful hypnotic techniques to stop negative thoughts before they start.
- Overcoming Procrastination ~ Let hypnosis help you get on with what you need to do, when you need to do it. Let nothing hold you back.
- Think Thin ~ Use hypnosis to re-train your brain and lose weight naturally... that's how to get and stay slim.
- Fall Asleep Fast ~ Relearn how to fall asleep fast and enjoy a good night's sleep.
- The Next Level ~ Designed to radically boost your performance in any field. It's based on a technique used by top athletes and other successful people to help them make a big stride forward.
This is our selection of favorites, but there's a session for every need! Choose from over 800 Hypnosis Downloads...
Search now on an issue that interests or concerns you...
Welcome to the New Wave in Meditation Technology
The iAwake Profound Meditation Program is a way of enhancing your meditation practice, making meditation not only easier and more enjoyable, but also more efficient and effective.
Profound Meditation provides the smoothest, deepest, richest, most profound meditation experience available anywhere...
- Establish a daily practice that sticks
- Enhance your focus, flow, and performance
- Relieve stress, anxiety, and depression
- Evolve and deepen your spiritual life
Here is a link to a free 20-minute track from iAwake Technologies - a sample of the type of tools that will deepen your meditation immediately and help you quickly become a successful meditator. It's the opening track of iAwake's flagship product, the Profound Meditation Program, called the iAwake Experience...
I think you'll find this technology a tremendous aid on your transformative journey of becoming your best and most creative self - and you can get started today!