What Is a Senior Citizens Card
and How to Apply for It?
A senior citizens card is documentation provided by the government to benefit the older section of our country with various added advantages. The senior citizens in India sometimes have no solid source of earning, this card comes as a bane in such situations, providing economical support to old people. A certain limit is set to enjoy the benefits of senior citizens card i.e. 60 years or above. Age proof is a compulsory document that has to be submitted for verification of eligibility of an individual applying.
What is the process of applying for a senior citizens card?
It has to be taken into consideration that senior citizens card comes under state government duties. The senior citizen card is provided by the majority of states in India. The application procedure depends on the criteria set by the state government. The rules also vary from state to state.
The process of applying for senior citizens card has been brought online to make it simple and hassle-free. Old people usually face problems in going through tedious processes. They get tired easily. Standing in long queues seem ruthless for their age. Bringing the whole process of applying online has erased all these difficulties successfully. Now with a few clicks, it is possible to apply for senior citizens card, from home.
How to apply?
Every state has different applications procedures. In this article, the process of applying for senior citizens card in Delhi is explained in detail.
- The initial and most important step is to visit the online portal, in order to apply for senior citizens card.
- On opening the online portal, an option appears on the screen for logging in. A person can log in by clicking on that option, by entering username and password, if already have one.
- For people who don’t have an account on the official portal, they have to sign in first.
- An individual is supposed to enter their mobile number as well as the date of birth. Press the submit option to continue.
- The application form has to be filled in with all the information requested. The details must be true for information.
- After completing the whole process successfully, the person is supposed to verify their documents.
There is no application fees or any kind of charges for applying for a senior citizens card. This service is free of cost in Delhi. Any person older than 60 years of age can apply for this card to enjoy various economical benefits.
The senior citizen card is only issued after proper verification of all the documents. This is to avoid any cases of fraud.
How to reach out for help?
To help the old people further with the whole application process for senior citizens card, various officials are employed. The guidance services are provided on-call, toll-free. Sometimes the online procedure is confusing for old people. This help option resolves their doubts helping them in numerous ways.
Toll-free number: 1291 or 100
Did you find this article helpful? Share your thoughts with friends...
Want to submit an article? Click here...