My Top 5 Benefits Of Fasting
By Jeremy Reeves
Although there are a lot more benefits of fasting that I'm not listing here, these are the top 5 reasons why I personally fast:
- Easy Calorie Reduction - If I fast twice a week, I can literally go off my diet and still lose weight. Although I don't recommend you eat unhealthy just because you can, it's an awesome feeling to be able to eat a bowl of ice cream, have a few beers, or go out for a good meal at a restaurant without feeling guilty. When I was back in the days of needing to eat "perfectly" I felt guilty every single time I'd eat anything that wasn't what I was supposed to be eating.
- Stimulates Human Growth Hormone - Human growth hormone is an incredibly powerful hormone in your body. It helps you build muscle (it's essentially a natural steroid that your body makes), burn more fat, and some studies are even showing that during times of high output of human growth hormone, the cells in your body actually slow down the aging process.
- Higher Energy - One of the best benefits of fasting that I've noticed and personally love is that I'm always 100% full of energy. Even though I'm still young and already have a good amount of energy, I used to take afternoon naps probably at least 3-4 times per week. Since I started fasting, I literally haven't taken one and have so much energy it's ridiculous. I frequently work 60-80 hour weeks and have absolutely no problem with it (I'm getting married in September 2009 - and weddings are expensive!)
- Better Digestion - Another benefit of fasting is that your digestion will improve almost instantly. You see when you eat 6 meals per day, your body never really gets a chance to recoup. But when you fast and your body doesn't have to worry about digesting food, it can do other important things. You know like... heal your body - something it never gets a chance to do properly when you're always full of food!
- More Body Awareness - I'm very much into personal development so this is a benefit of fasting that you might not care about, but either way - it's pretty cool. After a few fasts you'll suddenly start to notice your body's sensations more often and be able to control them much easier than you used to. To be honest it's kind of weird how it happens. For example, do you hate the "hunger" sensation? I used to as well, but I've literally learned to embrace it. Instead of it being a negative feeling, I've turned it completely neutral and being hungry doesn't bother me whatsoever these days. Essentially what I'm saying is that fasting gives you FREEDOM over food. It takes you out of the handcuffs and lets you control the intake of food instead of the other way around. It's kind of hard to understand unless you actually go through the feeling yourself.
So that's it! Those are my top 5 benefits of fasting. There are definitely more, such as more vivid dreams (I love dreaming and mine are much more vivid since I started fasting) - but those would be my 5 favorites.
Jeremy Reeves is a certified personal trainer who went from being an overweight restaurant server to losing 25 pounds and looking his absolute best - by NOT following "common sense" fat loss advice. His book - Hassle Free Fat Loss
- shows you exactly how to lose weight without dealing with the unnecessary hassles of traditional weight loss programs.
From our extensive site, you'll find good info on many topics using this search:
Want to renew your life?
Our online, interactive video workshops present the most effective methods of holistic personal development...
- Learn valuable life skills and key insights to master all your life challenges.
- Advance on a path of practical spirituality - being the difference you'd like to see in the world. The human heart made visible.
- Have personal support from your coach to make transitions that will fulfill your potential.
Start off with a Free Life Assessment and a Free Consultation...
Have a question about Trans4mind Training?
Support your personal development with these popular and effective hypnosis downloads...
This is our selection of favorites, but there's a session for every need! Choose from over 800 Hypnosis Downloads...
Search now on an issue that interests or concerns you...
Hypnosis is the key to unlocking your creativity, focusing your energy and understanding yourself
Hypnosis has a long history of helping human beings be the very best they can be. It can be used to control anything controlled by the unconscious mind - pain, blood pressure, fear, confidence levels, mood, sex drive... the list goes on:
- You'll become highly productive without getting stressed
- Tap into your creative energies instantly
- Really understand yourself and others
- You'll learn how to stay calm in high pressure or uncomfortable situations
- Develop laser-like levels of focus and concentration
Lean more... Uncommon Hypnosis Course
Welcome to the New Wave in Meditation Technology
Profound Meditation provides the smoothest, deepest, richest, most profound meditation experience available anywhere...
- Establish a daily practice that sticks
- Enhance your focus, flow, and performance
- Relieve stress, anxiety, and depression
- Evolve and deepen your spiritual life
Here is a link to a free 20-minute track from iAwake Technologies - a sample of the type of tools that will deepen your meditation immediately and help you quickly become a successful meditator. It's the opening track of iAwake's flagship product, the Profound Meditation Program, called the iAwake Experience...
We think you'll find this technology a tremendous aid on your transformative journey of becoming your best and most creative self - and you can get started today!
And here's a fantastic resource for self-education...
The World of Inspiration eLibrary
- Many profoundly illuminating afterlife, NDE and OBE ebooks
- The largest collection of high-power inspiration and mind development books anywhere on the Internet
- Hundreds of hours of fascinating interviews with world spiritual leaders and mind experts
- Whole worlds of philosophy, psychology and esoteric history explored
- Fascinating back-libraries of magazines exploring new paradigms and alternative thinking
A treasure trove of personal development wisdom
Step inside. Just like a real library, there are thousands of quality eBooks presented on three "floors" and in different "rooms." To purchase your $15 Lifetime Membership to the World of Inspiration eLibrary, click the following button:
Payment is made through our secure transaction agent, PayPal.
The transaction is in the language and currency of your choice.