Most Popular Procedures Performed by
a General Surgeon in Thailand?
Some popular procedures performed by a general surgeon in Thailand are as follows:
- Appendectomy: It is a surgery for the removal of an inflamed or infected appendix. It also helps in the removal of tumors of the appendix.
- Colonoscopy: This is a diagnostic procedure where the doctor inserts a tube with a camera into the rectum which allows the doctor to see the entire colon.
- Upper GI endoscopy: This is a diagnostic procedure where doctors insert a tube with a camera at one end to see the inside of your upper GI tract.
- Breast lumpectomy: It involves removing tumor from the breasts. Another form of this surgery is mastectomy which involves removal of breasts for breast cancer.
- Cholecystectomy: This is the surgical removal of gallstones from gallbladders to prevent pain or infection.
- Skin excision: In this surgery, skin cancer is removed along with some healthy skin by applying a local anesthetic to numb the affected area. The incision is sealed with stitches after the surgery.
- Inguinal or femoral hernia repair: Used to treat hernia which is bulging of internal organs and tissues.
- Hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis access: Involves the purification of blood by dialysis when the kidney cannot function properly.
- Therapeutic gastric procedures: This procedure involves the surgery through an endoscopic procedure.
Why should you choose a general surgeon from Thailand?
- You can undergo regular health check-ups, colonoscopies or physical therapies while on a vacation at extremely cheaper prices compared to the USA and elsewhere.
- Very short waiting times as in you can undergo even complex surgeries on the same day as admission provided you have sent your medical records to the institution beforehand.
- Treatment prices are way cheaper than the USA or Europe. You can access world-class facilities at affordable prices.
- Highly trained expert doctors, with international experience who are no less skilled than the top doctors around the world
- Bangkok boasts of more than 20 Joint Commission International (JCI) accredited hospitals, which is usually considered the international benchmark for hospital quality. This accreditation is only possible if a hospital is offering the latest technological surgeries and treatments
What are the average consulting fees of a general surgeon in Thailand?
The average consulting fees of a general surgeon from Thailand are about 500THB to 1000THB excluding treatment and medication costs.
What is the quality of general surgeon in Thailand?
Trained at top institutions around the world, general surgeons in Thailand have international experience and can speak English fluently. More importantly, they provide excellent treatments at affordable rates compared to elsewhere and that is one of the major reasons why Thailand is emerging as a hotspot for medical tourism in recent years. Bangkok hospitals have shorter waiting times which makes it convenient for foreign tourists.
What are types of general surgeon which are present in Thailand?
General surgeon has a lot of subspecialties which are as follows:
- Breast- Usually deals with the removal of breast tumors or removal of one or both breasts to prevent spread of cancer
- Colorectal surgery-Performs endoscopy of the colon
- Endocrinologist- Deals with thyroid and diabetes complications
- upper and lower gastrointestinal (GI)- Performs endoscopy of the stomach and intestine
- Transplant- (of kidney, liver, pancreas) and vascular treatment
- Laparoscopic surgery– Minimally invasive surgery to treat complications of different parts of the body.
Did you find this article helpful? Share your thoughts with friends...