7 Reasons Why a Skincare Routine
is Absolutely Necessary
By Kari Oakley
If you don’t already have a skincare routine in place, now is the time to start. You may not have already been utilizing healthy habits for your skin on a consistent basis. If that’s the case, it may be because you don’t know the benefits of an effective skincare routine. Sometimes all you need to know is what’s in it for you. Here are seven reasons why you need a reliable skincare routine in your life:
- Look good, feel good: Healthy, vibrant skin is a great way to increase your personal confidence. You can walk tall, go to work, attend meetings, and visit with family without needing worry about how your skin looks. Increasing your self confidence will do wonders in all aspects of your life. Some of the benefits that come from more self confidence include more control of your emotions, social ease, and better health.
- Healthy internal system: Did you know that your skin is your body’s biggest natural barrier against infection? When you skin is in the best shape possible, your skin can protect you from different dangers. These various skin infections include impetigo, boils, cellulitis, and fungal skin infections. A regular skincare routine will help you know how your skin is doing and recognize something isn’t right. Rather than waiting to have a skin problem that multiplies, you will be able to catch any problems in their early stages such as skin infections.
- Reduce aging: One of the signs of aging is an increase in defined lines and wrinkles. When you’re able to handle the development of lines and wrinkles, you can slow down the appearance of aging on your body. A well-researched, well-executed skincare routine will help you reduce the effects of aging on your skin. This especially holds true for exposed skin areas such as the face, neck, and hands.
- Less stress: Healthy, strong skin eliminates worry and stress from your life. You won’t have to worry about having flawed skin when you have an established, reliable skincare routine. The lowered level of stress comes from the confidence you’ve gained that comes from having healthy, vibrant skin.
- Resilient skin: Part of any effective skincare routines is including the process of moisturizing. When skin is exposed to the elements but not moisturized, it can become dangerously thin. Concentrated moisturizers do a great job of rejuvenating dry skin. When your skin is rejuvenated and no longer dry, it won’t be as likely to become damaged when you’re doing things such as working in your garden or playing with your kids. Your skin will also be able to stay strong against outside particles that could do your serious damage if your skin isn’t at full health.
- Cleanliness pays off: Did you know that your skin experiences a build-up of dead cells and pore-blocking impurities when you don’t clean your skin regularly? An essential part of your skincare routine should include exfoliation on a daily basis. Exfoliant scrubs like those offered by NuSkin and other skin-care product manufacturers help remove any particles that don’t belong on your skin. These particles prevent your skin from breathing and becoming fully radiant. When they’re gone, your skin will be clean and at its best.
- Protection from external factors: Referring back to #2, your skin is your body’s biggest natural barrier. It serves to protect you from so many things that can cause harm to you.
Part of any healthy skincare routine is the application of sunscreen which prevents damage caused by the sun’s rays. Sun exposure can have long-term damaging consequences but you can protect yourself by using sunscreen.