5 Non-Veg Slow Cooker Recipes
From Around the World
There are thousands of restaurants, shops, or online options to buy food these days. We are,in fact, really habituated with these ways rather than cooking for ourselves. Even if we cook, we lean towards the easy, instant, unhealthy, and packaged food recipes which often ends with health disaster.
Sometimes when you are away from your family or in a hostel, do you miss momma’s kitchen? We guess, yes! You do. That is why we are here with 5 non-veg easy slow cooker recipes which will make you homesick.
Reasons to dive into slow cooker recipes:
- Regardless to say instant meat recipes are delicious and popular among the millennials such as grilled or flame-broiled. But scientifically with high-density heat, the protein and fat of meat create harmful components. That is why a healthy way is to slow cook the food once a week.
- On your surprise, the slow cooker meals don’t consume as much as other instant foods do. You can use a slow cooker and go outside to run errands. It is safe and will not heat the kitchen like there has been a bomb.
So, what are we waiting for? Here are some slow-cooked recipes for you-
1. Slow Cooker beef stew
- 3 lb. beef cut into small pieces
- Kosher salt
- Pepper flex
- Olive oil & butter (as required)
- 5 cup red wine (optional)
- 3 tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 potatoes cut into cubes
- 3 carrots chopped into cubes
- 3 celery
- 2 onions
- 5 sun-dried tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large rosemary sprig
- 2 c. low-sodium beef broth
- 1 (28-oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
In a mixing bowl, season the beef with required salt and pepper flex. Then in a pan, heat olive oil in medium-high heat. For about 10 minutes, fry the meats on both sides. Then transfer it into the slow cooker.
Then add butter, red wine, and tomato paste and simmer for 1 minute. Then transfer into a slow cooker. Add potatoes, carrots, celery, onions, tomatoes, garlic, and beef broth to slow cooker.
Within 5-6 hours, you made yourself a healthy beef stew. After that garnish it with parsley and chopped capsicum.
2. Slow cooker Spanish Chicken
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 Spanish onion sliced
- 12 large chicken thighs
- 225g pack chorizo Picante sliced
- peppers flex
- 150g Spanish pimento-stuffed with green olives
- 300ml white wine
- 300ml chicken broth
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
Take a large frying pan and medium heat the olive oil. Then add Spanish onion and fry it until brown. Transfer it into a slow cooker. Then fry the chicken thigh with chorizo Picante. Then transfer to slow cooker with Spanish pimento-stuffed with green olives.
Sprinkle some pepper flex into it. Then pour the white wine, chicken broth, and tomato purée. Then cover the slow cooker and cook for 6 hours, there you go. You have made slow cooker Spanish chicken.
3. Thai Slow cooker beef and sweet potato curry
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- 800g beef cut into small pieces
- 2 tbs Thai red curry
- 1 lemongrass stem (smashed)
- 400ml coconut milk
- 500g sweet potato cut into small cubes
- 3 lime leaves
- 5 tbs fish sauce
- 1 tsp ice sugar
- Coriander leaves
Take a large frying pan. In medium heat, cook the beef for 3-4 minutes. You can do it in batches to handle it properly. Then transfer them into a slow cooker. Then on the same pan, add the curry paste and lemon leaves and stir until it spreads aroma.
Then add coconut oil and stir for 2-3 minutes and pour the sauce over the beef. Then add the sweet potato and with the rest. Then cover the cooker for 6 hours.
Add fish sauce and palm sugar and stir it. And then serve it to a bowl with steamed rice and coriander leaves on top of it.
4. Slow cooker African chicken stew
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Salt (as required)
- 5 pounds of boneless chicken thighs cut into two pieces
- 2 tbsp Creamy Peanut Butter
- Half tsp garlic powder
- 5 cup Diced Tomatoes
- 3 Green Chilies, undrained
- 2 sweet potatoes cut into cubes
- Pepper flex
Heat oil in medium-high heat in a skillet. Season the chicken with salt and pepper flex and add it to the skillet. Fry until brown. Then add peanut butter, garlic powder, tomato and water. Stir until it makes a thick gravy.
After the chicken is well coated with the gravy, put it aside. Then layer the sweet potatoes and some vegetables on the slow cooker. Then top with the chicken mixture and cover.
Cook on low heat for 7 to 9 hours until the chicken and the vegetables are tender. Then mix the whole thing gently and serve.
5. Greek-Style slow Cooker Lamb
- 2kg lamb leg
- 2 sprigs of chopped rosemary
- 2 tbs of olive oil
- 2 tbs chopped parsley
- 2 tbs chopped oregano
- 3 cloves of garlic paste
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 2 tbs lemon rind
- 1kg fresh baby potatoes
- 1 cup of beef stock
Make small cuts and press rosemary into the braised lamb leg. Then mix parsley, garlic paste, lemon juice, rind, and rub the mixture onto the lamb. Season it with salt and pepper. In a pan, take the potatoes and fry until brown.
Then transfer them to a slow cooker. Then on the same pan, add the lamb until brown. Top it over the potatoes and stock and cook it for 7 hours on lowheat until the meat is tender. Serve it with steamed peas, potatoes, and broccolini.
Now, you have these amazing slow cooker recipes which are nutritious, tasty, and easy to make and will remind you of the little trips to your grandma’s house.
Five recipes from all over the world of lamb, chicken, and beef. Hope you enjoy our little effort to make your weekend a little more delicious. Cheers to family, health and tasty foods.
Did you find this article helpful? Share your thoughts with friends...
Want to submit an article? Click here...