Inspiring Quotes of the Week + super bonuses!
How to Stay Balanced, Healthy and Energized Away from Home
By Amanda Moxley
It's not easy to feel balanced, eat well and exercise while away from home, believe me I know; here are some ideas to guide you on your next adventure, business trip or family vacation. Enjoy!
- Each morning set intentions for your day for health, food, fun, etc. An intention is a goal that you intend to achieve. It's easy to feel out of control and out of alignment when you are away from your routine. When you set daily intentions you are focusing on what you really want and desire instead of being pulled by the current of the day.
- Breathe! It sounds so simple but most of us are completely unaware of our breath. Practice tuning into your breath throughout your day. (Take a yoga class to learn more about breathing.)
- While dining out take a moment before you open the menu to ask your body what it is truly hungry for. Most menus are written with the intention to sell you something not to nourish your body, mind and spirit. Your body has all of the answers and all you have to do is ask and listen. For example, most restaurants bring bread to the table. If you do not want bread tell the server, "no bread please", before they bring it to your table that way you won't eat it.
- Chew each bite 20 times. One of the biggest issues with traveling is constipation so slow down, breathe and chew your food. Digestion begins in the mouth. Chewing food thoroughly gives the digestive system a break.
- Eat early and take a walk after dinner. You will sleep better and the movement will help digestion.
- Be flexible. Sometimes when we travel we feel stressed and up-tight because we are out of our normal routine which affects our digestion. Try to be flexible and adventurous and let go of your expectations, don't beat yourself up if you ate desert or drank too much. Focus on the big picture and remember that tomorrow is a new beginning!
- Drink tons of water! Try drinking at least 70 ounces of filtered water a day. Most of us are chronically dehydrated which causes fatigue, food cravings, stress, tension etc. So drink up!
- Eat where the locals eat. Shop at Farmer's Markets and eat simply. Your body will love you.
- Relax and enjoy the new sights, sounds, smells and people.
- Don't be afraid to skip a meal. Often times when we travel we feel run down and over stimulated and find ourselves on a crazy roller coaster ride trying to catch up. We come home exhausted needing a vacation from our vacation. You can skip a meal and exercise, meditate, breathe or nap instead of eating. This will rejuvenate you!
Copyright © 2008 Amanda Moxley
Amanda Moxley - The Radiant Health Coach™- has developed an easy way to lose weight naturally, amplify your energy, and feel confident in your body. In only 3 steps you can create the body and life you desire without dieting or going to extremes. Get her free Special Wellness Report: 3 Secret Steps to Losing Weight, Getting Energized and Feeling Positively Confident in Your Body at Radiant Health Coach.com.
From our extensive site, you'll find good info on many topics using this search: