6 Morning Habits to Boost Energy Throughout the Day
When you wake up, you start your morning routine. But that doesn’t always mean that you’re adequately rested and can be as energetic as you could be. A variety of things can help you boost your energy if you start them first thing in the morning. Read on to find six (6) morning habits that can help you with your energy.
Energy Boosting Morning Habit #1: Take a Multi Vitamin
Multi vitamin for women or men boosts your energy throughout the day because it gives your body the vitamins it needs to start the day. Some people skip breakfast due to lack of time, dietary restraints, or medicinal timing. Most people don’t have time to cook a healthy breakfast that contains everything the body needs to jumpstart the day. And even when people get something cooked, it’s from a fast-food restaurant or something quick they can pop into the microwave. Also, many things the body needs that most people don’t eat for breakfast. That’s where taking vitamins can come in.
Energy Boosting Morning Habit #2: Eat Breakfast
It’s a trite saying, but it’s 100% true: ‘Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.’ Remember that breakfast doesn’t necessarily need to be 1st thing in the morning. The concept of breakfast is that you’re breaking your fast – whether you do it at 5:00 am or 1:00 pm. What you eat for breakfast will determine your energy level for the rest of the day. Lean proteins, whole grains, and fresh fruit are all ideal choices. Skip the heavily sugar-laden donuts, sweet rolls, sugary fruit juices and cream, and highly sweetened coffee.
Energy Boosting Morning Habit #3: Exercise
By starting your day by moving, you can get your blood flowing, which can help wake you up. Furthermore, exercising at the start of the day makes sure that it’s an ongoing priority. It releases endorphins, helps control appetite and thus the weight, and you don’t have to worry about it after work when you most likely won’t want to be bothered with it. If you go to the gym, do a “circuit” with the machines, changing which muscle groups you target each day. Even if you don’t have the time or budget to go to the gym, there are various activities you can do at home: push-ups, jumping jacks, sit-ups, and squats. Go for a walk around the block. For weight, buy some large cans of beans and do curls with them. Or you can fill a gallon milk jug with dry legumes and use that as weight.
Energy Boosting Morning Habit #4: Take a Cold Shower
Before discussing how cold showers can help, it’s helpful to ask, “how cold are we talking?” Cold showers are those that are below 70°F (21.1°C.). While some health benefits may be associated with taking these cold showers, it should be noted that it’s not a cure-all. Water treatment (“hydrotherapy”) uses the body’s ability to adapt to adverse environments to help ease certain symptoms, such as:
- Depression symptoms may be helped with a 5-minute cold shower 2-3X a week, increasing the alertness, clarity, and vitality of people doing so due to endorphin release.
- Increases metabolism, as being cold makes the body work more to maintain core temperature. It also helps to turn unhealthy white fat into brown fat.
- Improve circulation, and reduce soreness, inflammation, and recuperation time due to the body’s need to replenish rich oxygenated blood, a secret known by athletes. This benefit is one of the reasons why you should soak a sprained body part in cold water.
- Increase the body’s immune response by shocking leukocytes, thus helping to boost your resistance to colds and flu, thus negating the need to call off sick. A study shows that it may help increase cancer resistance.
Energy Boosting Morning Habit #5: Keep a Regular Schedule
One of the best ways to have energy in the morning starts the night before. Going to bed at the same time regardless of whatever else is going on and getting up at the same time, even if it is the weekend. If, for some reason, you’ve had to go to bed later, still get up at the same time. Keeping a regular schedule has many benefits, including:
- Less insomnia
- Improved focus & alertness
- Better short-term memory
- More concentration
- Reduced need for caffeine or pain medication
- More enjoyment out of life
- Less irritability
- Better immune system function
Energy Boosting Morning Habit #6: Use Caffeine
Caffeine is a good way of waking up. Unfortunately, too much reliance on it isn’t a good thing. Some caffeine can help improve the user’s
- Alertness – the ability to be aware of one’s surroundings
- Concentration and mental focus level – the ability to think clearly and pick out what’s most important at the time
- Attention span – the ability to pay attention to what’s going on
- Improve physical ability in trained athletes
However, too much caffeine can be harmful as it can cause the user to feel jittery and anxious, have insomnia, and increase their heart rate.