How to Cure Sun Blister on Your Lips
By Emylee Modestino
Sun blisters on your lips are because of damage from overexposure to the sun. Individuals who are fair skinned have a tendency to be more vulnerable to these lesions than individuals with darker skin.
If your sunburn is severe, the more chance you have of developing sun blisters on your lips. This area of the body is naturally delicate, so the appearance of rankles on the lips can cause a lot of inconveniences.
Luckily, there are many natural home remedies that can provide relief.
Can lips get sunburned?
Sunburn affects exposed body parts and also your lips. The signs of the sunburned lips may not appear until a few hours after a sun exposure. Sunburned lips can lead to a lot of discomforts while talking, drinking and eating, and even make your everyday activities difficult.
Symptoms of sunburned lips
Just like with any burn, sun blisters on lips are swelling, itching, and cause pain in your lips. Severe sun blisters on lips will turn out to the bacterial-infected area.
Another problem of lips is getting sunburned. Sunburn on your body can trigger the herpes virus and make blisters on your lips. This can make the inconveniences of having sunburn on your lips considerably more prominent.
How much time sunburned lips take to cure?
If your lips are severely sunburned with blisters, they may take more time to heal.
The duration to heal the sun burns on lips relies on the damage the sun has caused. Mild to moderate sunburn on lips should completely heal within 7 days.
Top home remedies for sunburned lips
You can get significant relief from the pain and reduce the inflammation of sunburn blisters by utilizing cold packs on the affected area.
- Dip a towel in cool water and put the towel on the affected skin area.
- Repeat the process a few times and you will soon feel relief from the burning sensation.
- Take bath in cool water.
Both apple cider vinegar and white vinegar are useful in treating sunburn blisters.
- Mix some vinegar with cold water, dip a white soft cloth into the solution, and gently apply it on the sunburn blisters.
- Directly you can also spray vinegar on the affected skin area to reduce the pain.
Another alternative is to mix equal amounts of vinegar and honey and apply the solution once daily to prevent infection to the affected skin area.
Aloe vera application
Aloe vera is known to be a powerful natural remedy for minor wounds including sunburn blisters.
- Gently apply the aloe vera gel to the sunburn blisters, let it dry for few minutes, and it absorbs into the skin.
- You can use an aloe vera gel available on the market if fresh aloe vera isn't available.
It will help rehydrate burned skin, reduce pain, and also increase the healing process.
It can also be used to cure sunburn blisters on lips. It helps the skin and heals the wound.
- Take an oatmeal bath.
- Add some powdered oats in a bathtub with cool water and take bath for 30 minutes.
Another alternative is to wrap some ground oatmeal in a cotton or muslin cloth and boil it in water for a couple of minutes.
Allow it to cool and then use it as a sponge.
Turmeric has healing and antiseptic properties that help relieve pain and inflammation related to sunburn blisters.
- Take some water and mix two tablespoons of turmeric powder and make a thick paste. Apply it to the affected skin area and leave it for 10-15 minutes.
- Another alternative is to make a paste of turmeric powder, yogurt, and barley and apply it gently over the affected area.
- Allow it on for about 30 minutes and after that wash it delicately with cold water.
Repeat the remedy until the point that the blister leaves you.
Tomato juice is very powerful to treat sunburn blisters.
- Add mashed tomato or 1 cup tomato juice with a half glass of buttermilk.
- Gently apply this solution to the blisters and leave it for 30 minutes.
- Wash it off using cold water.
- This can fasten the healing process and soothe the constant burning feeling.
- To the bathing water, add 2 cups tomato puree and soak your body in the mixture and leave it for 10-15 minutes.
- Again then add mashed tomatoes with crushed ice and apply to the blisters.
Instantly this can reduce the pain.
Raw potatoes reduce the pain, help cool the skin, and also accelerate the healing process.
- Thoroughly cut a raw potato into thick slices.
- Make a thick paste of raw potato.
- Gently apply the paste to the blisters and allow it to dry on its own.
- Wash it off with cool water after it dries.
- Repeat the process daily.
Alongside potato, you can also apply slices of cucumber on the affected skin parts.
Prevention of sun blisters
- From 10 am to 4 pm, avoid direct sunlight when the sun's rays are the most powerful.
- Before 30 minutes you head outside, apply sunscreen to your body.
- In this manner, your skin absorbs the lotion and it will be more potent.
- Whenever you get wet or sweat, try putting on more sunscreen lotions.
- Otherwise, apply again your sunscreen lotions every 2 hours to ensure that you generally have a layer of protection on you.
Wear a cap or other clothing that can protect your face from direct sunlight to ensure your lips won't become blistered.