Everything You Need to Know When Using
a Massage Oil for Therapy
Massage is one of the oldest forms of therapy. It can be used to relieve tension, anxiety and help people with chronic pain. Additionally, massage oils are ideal for making your massage more enjoyable for you and your partner or therapist. However, not all massage oils are created equal. This blog post will walk you through everything you need to know when using massage oil for therapy.
What are Massage Oils?
Essential oils are the base of massage oil. Essential oils come from plants and flowers that contain beneficial properties like healing, antiseptic, and anti-inflammatory.
Generally, the oil that remains after the plant material has been steam distilled is used for massage oils.
Why are They Used?
The Best massage oil allows a therapist to glide across the skin during a massage. Usually, this process is done to help a person relax, which is excellent for people with a lot of tension or anxiety.
Many massage oils are created with specific properties in mind. For example, some oils can be used as an anti-inflammatory, while others are beneficial for promoting deeper sleep.
How Can They Be Used?
Massage oils can be used in a variety of different ways. They include:
- Body Massage: A massage oil can be used as a lubricant during a body massage. This is great for people with aching muscles or if you have a lot of tension in your body.
Also, a massage oil can be used on a pregnant woman's belly while getting a prenatal massage.
- Hand and Foot Massage: A massage oil can be used to give your hands and feet an excellent relaxing treatment. This is especially great for people that have dry hands or feet.
- Skin Massage: A massage oil is a great way to help moisturize the skin and make it look healthy. Some people may like using massage oil as a daily moisturizer, especially in the winter when the skin can become very dry.
Why are They Popular?
Massage oils are great for people that like to add a little something extra to their massage. Oils make the process of giving and receiving a massage more enjoyable.
What are The Health Benefits?
Massage oils health benefits include the following.
- Some essential oils such as cineole and cymene are known to have anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties
- Essential oils such as Rosemary and Lemongrass are beneficial to people with skin issues such acne. They are crucial in killing Propionibacterium acnes or P. acnes that causes acne
- Massage oils containing compounds such as lavender and bergamot oil can be applied to help people with sleeping problems. Usually, they promote relaxation and decrease anxiety leading to a peaceful night's sleep.
When is the ideal time to use them?
There is no right or wrong time to use massage oil. Some people enjoy using them right before going to bed so that the relaxing properties of the oil can put them in a good mood before they head to sleep.
On the other hand, massage oils can be used during a special event like a birthday or anniversary. This is because massage oils add to the already incredible experience of getting a massage.
Massage oils are a great way to add some extra luxury to your massage experience. Furthermore, they come in various options so you can find the perfect fit for your desired use.
Did you find this article helpful? Share your thoughts with friends...