Guide to Make Hash from Weed
What is hash?
Derived from the word hashish meaning grass in Arabic, Hash is a concentrated form of cannabis. It has been used for centuries, especially in India where people used to rub cannabis using their hands till the friction and head covered their hands with the plant’s resin. This was then rolled to form charas.
Hashish is obtained by separating trichomes from a cannabis plant. Mature cannabis flowers are usually the primary source of trichomes, but it is possible to source them from any part of the plant in smaller concentrations. It is one of the reasons why some growers save their trim as they can extract trichomes by holding the terpenes and cannabinoids. They are later used for making edibles or heat-treated/pressed variation of hash.
So how do you make hash? The information below can offer the guidelines to make hash....
Popular Ways to Make Hash
- Hand Rolling: The process is adopted for handling a large amount of trim and cannabis buds when harvesting.
- Turn Kief into Hash: Also popular as the good stuff obtained at the bottom of the grinder, it is also a popular way to extract the hash.
- Dry Sifting or Flat Screening: A relatively easier method, it requires silkscreen where the pure hash is obtained with small perforations.
- Blender Method: A popular method used at households, it requires silkscreen. One needs to put the trim in the blender and add water to it. Plenty of ice is required while blending.
- Dry Ice Hash: By this method, you can extract the resin itself. Among the purest methods for homemade hash-making, it requires a bucket, safe gloves, dry ice, and bubble bags. Freeze drying is a process which removes water from perishable materials through freezing. In the case with cannabis, freeze drying hash is a three-step process and therefore using a freeze dryer is a crucial element to making a dry ice water hash or bubble hash.
- Charas: As mentioned before, it is a popular method used in the Indian subcontinent. Similar to the process of hand-rolling, charas is derived from the trim and uncured buds.
- Medical Drum: An expensive method that uses an automated option to save both energy and time.
- Bubble Hash: One of the easiest methods to make hash, it is known to yield the purest form of hash.
Best Weed Strains for Hash
- Royal Gorilla
- Sour Diesel
- Ice (Indica Crystal Extreme)
- Crop King’s Sour Diesel
- Marijuana Seed’s ICE Feminized
- Seed Supreme’s Gorilla Girl Feminized Seeds
- True North Seedbank’s 8 Ball Kush Feminized Seeds
Dry Sifting Method: Instruments & other equipment needed to Make Hash
- High-quality cannabis trim
- Mixing Stick
- Mesh Bags (25U, 45U, 73U, 160U, 190U, 220U)
How do You Make Hash? – 6 Simple Steps
By following the simple steps below, you can make a hash using the Dry Sifting Method. Make sure you have all the above ingredients and tools ready before you start with the 1st step.