Guide to Make Hash from Weed
What is hash?
Derived from the word hashish meaning grass in Arabic, Hash is a concentrated form of cannabis. It has been used for centuries, especially in India where people used to rub cannabis using their hands till the friction and head covered their hands with the plant’s resin. This was then rolled to form charas.
Hashish is obtained by separating trichomes from a cannabis plant. Mature cannabis flowers are usually the primary source of trichomes, but it is possible to source them from any part of the plant in smaller concentrations. It is one of the reasons why some growers save their trim as they can extract trichomes by holding the terpenes and cannabinoids. They are later used for making edibles or heat-treated/pressed variation of hash.
So how do you make hash? The information below can offer the guidelines to make hash....
Popular Ways to Make Hash
- Hand Rolling: The process is adopted for handling a large amount of trim and cannabis buds when harvesting.
- Turn Kief into Hash: Also popular as the good stuff obtained at the bottom of the grinder, it is also a popular way to extract the hash.
- Dry Sifting or Flat Screening: A relatively easier method, it requires silkscreen where the pure hash is obtained with small perforations.
- Blender Method: A popular method used at households, it requires silkscreen. One needs to put the trim in the blender and add water to it. Plenty of ice is required while blending.
- Dry Ice Hash: By this method, you can extract the resin itself. Among the purest methods for homemade hash-making, it requires a bucket, safe gloves, dry ice, and bubble bags.
- Charas: As mentioned before, it is a popular method used in the Indian subcontinent. Similar to the process of hand-rolling, charas is derived from the trim and uncured buds.
- Medical Drum: An expensive method that uses an automated option to save both energy and time.
- Bubble Hash: One of the easiest methods to make hash, it is known to yield the purest form of hash.
Best Weed Strains for Hash
- Royal Gorilla
- Sour Diesel
- Ice (Indica Crystal Extreme)
- Crop King’s Sour Diesel
- Marijuana Seed’s ICE Feminized
- Seed Supreme’s Gorilla Girl Feminized Seeds
- True North Seedbank’s 8 Ball Kush Feminized Seeds
Dry Sifting Method: Instruments & other equipment needed to Make Hash
- High-quality cannabis trim
- Mixing Stick
- Mesh Bags (25U, 45U, 73U, 160U, 190U, 220U)
How do You Make Hash? – 6 Simple Steps
By following the simple steps below, you can make a hash using the Dry Sifting Method. Make sure you have all the above ingredients and tools ready before you start with the 1st step.
Step 1Start by measuring the amount of hash you would like to make. Generally, 10:1 weed to hash ratio, i.e. 10 grams of trim for making a gram of hash is recommended.
Step 2Add a small quantity of ice in the bucket to combine it with the cannabis trim. Doing so will make the trim easier to separate by removing the stiffness and brittleness.
Step 3In the next step, add some cold water to drown the trim and ice. Stir the mix with a large mixing stick for 15-20 minutes in both clockwise and counter-clockwise direction.
Step 4Now add the mesh bags in the other bucket. Place them in an order with the finest mesh bag, i.e. 25U 1st curled over on top of the bucket. Place the other mesh bags in preceding order curled on top of the other.
Step 5It’s time to pour the mixture in the second bucket and leave it to settle for the next 25 minutes.
Step 6In the last step, you will have to remove the outermost bag that contains the plant materials. While doing so, allow the fluid to drain inside the bucket and follow this by setting aside the bag. Remove the second, third, fourth, and the other bags. This will allow the fluid to flow inside the bucket into the waiting bag. The last bag will contain the finest grade kief that you need to take out and put on the non-sticky pan or plate. Let it dry for some time. Once in dried form, pristine the bubble kief. Later use the dried form into prime hash.
Did you find this article helpful? Share your thoughts with friends...