Hydrotherapy and Hydro Massage At Home
As we go on in our day to day lives, we often forget how important it is to take some time off to relax and unwind. Many of us are too caught up with work and the pressure that goes with it. Now take a moment and ask yourself this… Do I spend enough time each day to make myself fit and healthy? Have I made an effort to relax and exercise? Have I even tried to keep a healthy body to cope with everyday work and activities?
There is no need to come to an expensive health center to enjoy hydrotherapy and hydromassage treatments. The experts at steamshowerstore.co.uk explain how you and your family can create and get a hold of the same best spa treatment and comfort in your own way. Here are some bright ideas to get the same relaxation and benefits of hydrotherapy and hydro massage in your own living space. But first, here’s a quick glance on how you and your family will benefit from this form of treatment.
What is Hydrotherapy?
Hydrotherapy is considered a part of medicine that involves the use of water for treatment and pain relief. Early recordings proved that ancient Egyptian, Romans, Greek and Persian civilization made use of this treatment. Egyptian were said to have used this therapy along with essential oils (aromatherapy). Romans had public communal baths. Persians bathed in spring waters believing that it treat illnesses. Even ancient Japanese and Chinese were noted for using hydrotherapy with the use of their natural hot springs.
Hydrotherapy covers therapeutic methods and approaches that take advantage of the physical properties of water, such as pressure and temperature. For instance, High-temperature water hydrotherapy stimulates blood circulation and treats symptoms of certain diseases such as arthritis and rheumatism. It can also be used in combination with aromatherapy. Cold water treatment or Cryotherapy is an ice bath or immersion that improves blood flow and invigorates internal activities inside the body.
Water therapy is mostly used to treat illnesses and conditions including; stress, sleep disorders, headache, depression, acne, stomach problems, and colds. It is also commonly used for reducing and relieving abrupt and continuous pain.
Hydrotherapy dramatically increases the elimination of waste thus helping the body to detoxify, loosening tight tense muscles that encourage relaxation, increases the metabolic rate needed for digestion, hydrates the skin cells to improve muscle tone, boosts the immune system for it to function more effectively and improves certain internal organs to stimulate blood supply.
Methods and Uses of Hydrotherapy
The right way of cleansing the skin can contribute to stimulating blood flow and the process of detoxification in the body. It can also remove muscle strains and relieve soreness of shoulders, neck, back and feet. There are various techniques for using hydrotherapy. These include shower, baths, cold mitten friction rub, steam inhalation and hot and cold compresses, wet sheet pack, body wrap and salt glow.
One effective method of hydrotherapy is through the use of standard home shower or power shower enclosures. Start by simply getting into the shower with warm water and lather the skin with an exfoliating scrub. Then change the water temperature to a cooler setting and let the water run over the entire body giving much attention to the areas such as torso, back and legs.
After being exposed to cold water, set the water temperature to warm again to finish. Towel the whole body dry and then you will instantly feel awake, revitalize, and relax. The most significant factor of this method is that it could be easily practised cheaply at home.
What is HydroMassage?
In earlier history, a man named Tobias Smollet wrote an essay about hydro massage saying that “pumped water was a good treatment for obstruction of menses and hysterical disorders”. From then hydro massage had gained popularity. Many years passed and now more and more advanced hydromassage equipment are available thus making it easier for people to use it at home. Underwater manual massage, High- pressure water massage and jet massage in the air are just a few examples of many methods of Hydromassage.
Benefits of HydroMassage
Listed below are some of the benefits and effects of hydro-massage:
- Lessen stress – Massage therapy like hydro massage creates an effect of relaxation in the muscles and nerves on the body.
- Relieves prolonged pain – As we go on to our daily lives we tend to ignore pains thinking it will go away on its own. Sometimes we take prescription drugs just to decrease the discomfort it brings. Well, hydro massage causes to release endorphins. Endorphin is a hormone inside our body that works as a natural painkiller. It goes to our nervous system and decreases the feeling of discomfort.
- Support the immune system – People who lack active physical activities tend to get the feeling of fatigue and exhaustion just by doing a small physical task. With that, our muscles get constricted thus making it hard for our heart to produce oxygen around the body. Hydromassage helps to relieve tightened muscles, stimulate blood flow and decreases the stress on the heart, as a result, it gives the body extra energy to do more work.
- Refines skin tone – The sun’s UV ray, pollution and lack of vitamins contribute to bad skin consequently resulting to wrinkles, dry- rough skin and premature skin ageing. Hydromassage takes effect on the capillaries which rejuvenates and speeds up the removal of harmful toxins in our body leaving the skin feeling fresh and new.
- Helps sleep better – Daily stress can result in sleepless nights, making you feel irritable and tired the morning after. In conjunction with muscle relaxation, Hydro massage calms down your heart rate and causes to lower your blood pressure. As a result, you’ll get a rhythmic breathing pattern as a start to have a good night sleep.
Hydromassage bathtub is one perfect way to take advantage of the unlimited benefits that hydrotherapy can bring. With more affordable models being offered in the marketplace, it is advisable to replace your standard bathtub with new ones that will give good health care your body needs.