How Do You Prepare for Mesotherapy?
Mesotherapy is a wildly used procedure in aesthetic medicine. It may deal with various problems and in many treatments to deliver outstanding results, such as fat reduction (as well as stretch marks and cellulite elimination, facial rejuvenation (to smooth out wrinkles), dealing with hair loss, etc.
Thanks to the beneficial substances in meso-cocktails (such as vitamins, amino acids, minerals, etc.) injected into the treated zones with a thin needle, patients can enjoy the results for a long time. However, there are some rules everyone should follow in order to keep the effect longer and reduce the possibility of severe side effects. We've talked more about rules in this article.
Do's and don'ts before mesotherapy treatment
Mesotherapy sessions may be stressful for the patient's body (especially if it's the first procedure). To reduce possible uncomfortable sensations, doctors recommend following these rules:
- Avoid any anti-inflammatory drugs or aspirin at least 72 hours before the injection. They may increase the risk of bruising and swelling, as well as prolong the recovery process;
- Do not consume alcohol at least two days prior to the treatment;
- Do not apply any AHA skincare to your face for at least 4 weeks before injecting session;
- Avoid chemical peels or any other clinical procedures for a month before mesotherapy appointment;
- Do not plan any social events because different skin types require different times to recover completely.
Those are basic pieces of advice every doctor will recommend following. You may also consult with a specialist before the actual cosmetic treatment, so you know what steps should be followed in exactly your case.
After using any mesotherapy techniques, every patient should use some post-treatment steps to pamper the injected area. These tips are as important for the skin as those counted in the pre-treatment. Here they are:
- Avoid hot tubs, saunas, solarium, and other hot places for at least 24 hours after mesotherapy;
- Use extra moisturizer to treat dry skin;
- Always use sun protection;
- Avoid electrolysis, waxing, bleaching (face) for at least a week;
- Do not exercise for a few days after mesotherapy injections (you may walk for 20-30 minutes instead);
- Do not apply heavy makeup (if you've treated the facial area).
Remember, every injection site requires attention and special procedures performed on them. All because every dermal procedure is stressful even without any complications.
How does hyaluronic acid mesotherapy work?
Hyaluronic acid in the mesotherapy solution is usually one of the main substances. Specialists inject it in the middle layer of the skin tissue (also known as mesoderm) with the help of tiny needles, therefore enriching it with every vitamin type needed. The pain during the treatment is minimal, however, an anesthetic may be applied to those with low pain tolerance.
With the help of just one technique, it is possible to reduce age-related problems (such as wrinkles or folds), add volume to the treated areas, hydrate the skin, and stimulate natural collagen and elastin production in the body. As you can see, the list of benefits is impressive!
Mesotherapy injections are among the most popular skin treatments nowadays. If used correctly, it makes it possible to deal with various cosmetic and health problems. For those who are a little afraid to try something new - talk to the doctor first. They will explain all the specifics of this process. Thank you for reading and take care!
Did you find this article helpful? Share your thoughts with friends...