4 Reasons Why Herbal Tea is
Better than Regular Tea
Herbal teas are also known as tisanes. They are teas that are made from spices, herbs, and a variety of plant materials. Such plant materials like leaves, fruits, barks, roots, and flowers. Most of the time, they are made from any edible parts of a tea plant. The different products are added to hot water, which transforms them into tea. They can be acquired in the form of tea bags online from an online tea and coffee shop. Unlike regular teas, these are not made using tea leaves. They also have several benefits that make them better than their counterparts. Below are some of the main benefits...
1. Herbal teas have more health benefits
One of the main reasons why herbal teas beat regular teas is the fact that they contain scientific compounds that help to maintain the health of the body. This cannot be said about their counterparts. Below are some of the main health benefits of herbal teas.
- Digestion - herbal teas like peppermint and chamomile tea aid in relieving indigestion. They contain properties that help to relieve stomach upsets like bloating and stomach aches. Ginger tea also helps to cure queasy stomachs.
- Anti-inflammatory elements - most organic teas like ginger and turmeric are packed with antioxidants. The antioxidants help to relieve inflammation. By doing so, they also help to reduce flare-ups from conditions like arthritis and celiac. These elements make organic teas beneficial to different kinds of people like athletes.
- Blood pressure reduction - organic teas are commonly used by people who suffer from hypertension or high blood pressure. Teas like Hibiscus are packed with elements that help to make this possible. Orange tea also contains antioxidants and helps to reduce blood pressure levels by improving the circulation of blood in the body. They also help the body to get rid of cholesterol, toxins, fats, and uric acid. The teas are especially effective when they are coupled with exercises and other dietary changes.
- Blood sugar level reduction - organic teas are recommended for people that have diabetes. The teas have been known to help lower blood sugar levels.
- Mental health - teas like chamomile tea have a soothing effect. They are referred to as calming teas. They work by reducing the tension and stress in the body. The teas also help to relieve anxiety and relieve conditions like insomnia. By helping the users sleep, they help to relax the body and ease restfulness. Other teas like cinnamon tea help to increase cognitive speed. By doing so, they help to increase focus. They work by improving the neural pathways.
- Immunity boost - teas like chamomile tea help to boost the immune system of the body by fighting off bacteria. Ginger tea is also packed with disease-fighting antioxidants that help to stimulate the immune system.
The teas can also be used to treat certain medical conditions. For instance, fennel tea can be used as a treatment for heartburns. Eucalyptus helps to fight respiratory infections and soothe stiffness and swelling from arthritis and rheumatism.
2. They help with skincare
The benefits of tisanes on the skin are numerous; hence the reason why they are used for organic skincare. First, teas like chamomile tea help to improve skin. It has been proven that improved quality of sleep helps to make the skin glow by reducing issues like dark circles and puffiness around the eyes. The relaxing properties of these teas also help to reduce redness and irritation of the skin. Chamomile tea also protects the skin from UV rays because of its numerous antioxidant properties. Other teas like jasmine tea have antiviral and antibacterial elements that help to prevent the early onset of ageing signs and eczema. They also help to get rid of eczema scarring by reducing the amount of oil production and balancing the hormones.
The teas also act as a natural moisturizer because of their hydrating elements. Using the teas as a natural moisturizer also help to prevent harmful effects that are caused by the chemicals in the other products. Green teas are also used for organic skincare because they are reviving drying cells of the skin and promoting the growth of healthy cells. The teas can be used both orally and topically for their skincare benefits.
3. They help to boost physical energy
Athletes use herbal tea to help boost their energy levels. The teas contain elements that help to relieve fatigue. They also help the muscles to recover from strenuous activities like physical exercise faster by reducing the level of oxidative stress in the body.
4. They help to conserve the environment
Organic teas do not cause major environmental changes like it is the case with ordinary teas. Regular teas are quite devastating to the environment because they are grown under a lot of elevation, and chemicals that are used on the farms have detrimental effects on the eco-system. The chemicals tend to run down from the high lands where the teas are grown into other farms, water sources, and forests.
These chemicals are packed with a lot of heavy metals that contaminate the soil and the water. They also kill the animals in the water bodies where they are washed off. Organic teas are exposed to the least amount of chemicals, which make them less harmful to the environment. The reason why they are not exposed to many chemicals is because they are made from several parts of the plant other than the leaves. Most of the time, they are used in loose leaf tea form hence the need to reduce their exposure to chemicals.
You can only enjoy the full benefits of the teas, and you need to acquire the herbal tea from genuine and reputable sources. Tea bag online shop have made it easy to acquire the herbal tea. The tea bag online shop also provide clients with tea bag offers. However, you may have to do a deep search for the best tea bag offers. Kent & Sussex Tea & Coffee Company offers some of the best. It is a reputable online tea and coffee shop that sells loose leaf tea and tea bags and herbal tea online. You may also want to research the benefits of the different types before buying tea bags online.
Did you find this article helpful? Share your thoughts with friends...
Want to submit an article? Click here...