Health Benefits of Vitamin D3 Supplements
Vitamin D3 is also called “sunshine vitamin.” As the name shows, the production of this vitamin is stimulated by external light/sunlight. Besides exposure to sunlight, we also get it through many kinds of foods. But, as we know that constant exposure to sunlight can prove to be harmful as it contains many harmful UV rays. Also, many people can sit in the sunshine because of their sensitive skin. So, most people fulfill their Vitamin D requirements by taking Vitamin D3 Supplements.
What does Vitamin D3 do?
Vitamin D3 is a vitamin, but as soon as it enters the body, it is transformed into a hormone. Vitamin D3, when converted into a hormone, circulates in the blood absorbing phosphorus as well as calcium. This is one of the most important functions of vitamin D3.
Research says that almost 99% of the vitamin D you take, is used in the regulation of calcium in the body. Remaining 1% is used for strengthening muscles and the immune system. If we speak of calcium, we can say that it is one of the essential nutrients required by the body. It plays a vital role in strengthening teeth and bones. Also, calcium plays a productive role in producing a hormone necessary for the human body.
Health benefits of Vitamin D3 supplements:
If we talk about the benefits of Vitamin D3 supplements, we can say that it is one of the essential vitamins. Some of these advantages are,
- Taking vitamin D3 supplements to fulfill the deficiency of vitamin D3 in your body. They help you attain the maximum level of vitamin D3.
- Vitamin D3 supplements help strengthen your bones. They play a vital role in the development and growth of your bones.
- They improve your immunity making you healthy and less vulnerable to diseases.
- Vitamin D3 supplements improve your cardiovascular conditions.
- It maintains the insulin level in our body and thus related to diabetes management.
- Some of the researchers say that this vitamin D3 is resistant against the influenza virus.
Deficiency of vitamin D3:
The deficiency of vitamin D3 causes many diseases in children as well as adults. Some of them are,
- In children, the deficiency of this vitamin causes “rickets.” In this disease, the bones soften, resulting in bowlegged appearance.
- In adults, the deficiency of this vitamin causes “osteomalacia.” This disease also causes the softening of bones. Osteomalacia causes muscular weakness and reduced bone density.
- In most women, the deficiency of vitamin D3 causes osteoporosis. Osteoporosis is also bones related disease, which results in reduced bone mass.