A Few Natural Ways to Control Blood Pressure Without Medication
By Bob Grobe
High blood pressure can lead to a myriad of more severe health problems. It is estimated that high blood pressure contributes to at least fifteen percent of deaths that occur within the U.S. alone.
Those who are diagnosed with high blood pressure are usually prescribed some form of medication. However, many individuals feel uneasy with the side effects that come along with taking daily pills. While changes in medication should always be discussed with a doctor, it is good to know that there are alternative solutions.
Several safe and natural methods can be used to decrease and control blood pressure. In turn, these natural methods will help reduce the likelihood of experiencing complications related to high blood pressure such as heart attack or strokes.
What natural techniques work to control blood pressure?
Deep Breathing Exercises
As simple as it might sound, deep breathing exercises are actually a great tool for controlling blood pressure. Yoga and tai chi are two very common deep breathing exercises often utilized for this very reason.
Deep breathing and heavy breathing are not the same things. The act of deep breathing is often referred to as abdominal breathing or diaphragmatic breathing. Performing diaphragmatic breathing may seem somewhat unnatural at first, but once mastered it can have lasting results. How exactly does this breathing effect blood pressure?
By performing exercises that encourage abdominal breathing the body is forced to pull in all of the oxygen that it requires before releasing carbon dioxide waste. This process steadily decreases heart rate as well as peripheral resistance. Together, these effects help increase blood flow and decrease blood pressure.
Herbs or Supplements
Several herbs can have a positive impact on blood pressure. These herbs may be added naturally to meals or taken in an extracted form within supplements. A few noteworthy herbs are basil, garlic, and flaxseed.
- Flaxseed is particularly helpful because it has a high concentration of omega-3 fatty acids. These can also be found in some types of fish. Omega-3 fatty acids are known to lower blood pressure in addition to their many other health benefits. Flaxseed can be easily added to any meal.
- Basil has also been noted as lowering blood pressure, but its effects are more short-lived than that of flaxseed. Still, it is a healthy addition to just about any meal.
- As for garlic, studies have shown that it helps relax blood vessels and cause them to dilat. The relaxation and dilation result in a decrease in blood pressure. Some people do not enjoy the taste of garlic and instead, choose to take garlic capsules or a natural supplement that contains garlic extract.
Daily cardiovascular exercise will have a profound impact on your blood pressure. It also helps reduce body fat and lower the risk of many other health problems. About thirty minutes of daily cardiovascular exercise is recommended for controlling blood pressure. It can be light walking, jogging, or even pilates.
Cardiovascular exercise helps because it improves circulation of the blood while increasing the capacity of your lungs.
Cardiovascular exercise is also a great way to lose weight. This helps control blood pressure levels as well. Obesity decreases blood circulation and increases stress on the heart. This leads to an increase in blood pressure and an increase in an individual’s potential of developing a more severe problem because of high blood pressure.
It Is Possible Without Medication
Controlling your blood pressure without relying on medication is entirely possible. Daily breathing exercises followed by light cardiovascular exercise is a great place to start. Eating a healthy diet with a few essential herbs has also proven beneficial. Whether these remedies allow you to discontinue medications or simply act as a supplement to a healthier lifestyle, the benefits are many, and the risks are few.
Bob Grobe is the president of Healthy Living Products, helping people across the globe to enjoy improved health and a higher quality of life for more than 40 years. His blog at healthylivingproducts.com provides lots of great information about healthy living topics and the advantages they provide you with.
+ Support your personal development with these popular and effective hypnosis downloads...
- Find Your Identity ~ Know deep-down really who you are.
- Believe In Yourself ~ Build trust in who you are and what you can do.
- Self Discipline ~ Finally take charge of your life.
- Develop Powerful Resilience ~ How to be more robust to knocks in life.
- Awakening Intuition ~ Learn how to pay attention to your unconscious.
- Sweet Tooth ~ Train your brain to lose your sweet tooth.
- Finish What You Start ~ Sprint all the way past the finish line.
- Do It Now ~ A hypnosis audio to trigger deep, emotionally driven activity.
- Life Priorities ~ Hypnosis can help you clarify what really matters to you.
- Stop Thinking About Someone ~ A session to help you move on from thoughts that have been constantly pestering you.
- Public Speaking Fear ~ Banish speaking anxiety and nerves with hypnosis.
- Motivate Yourself to Exercise ~ Build a powerful exercise habit that you can't break.
- Get Rid of Fear & Anxiety ~ Stop worry and apprehension wrecking your life.
- Self Esteem ~ Break the negative trance of low self esteem and give yourself a chance in life.
- Create Your Own Reality ~ Use the power of your unconscious mind to transform your life.
- Deeper Self Respect ~ Use hypnosis to connect with your true inner worth.
- Detach From Fear ~ Tune out nervousness and anxiety with hypnosis.
- Improving Concentration and Focus ~ Learn how to discipline, direct and command your mind to improve your performance.
- Exercise Motivation ~ Give you powerful keys to getting back on track with your exercise - and staying there.
- Overcoming Shyness ~ Provides an invisible security blanket allowing you to develop social ease and overcome shyness.
- Quick Confidence Booster ~ An audio hypnosis session that's specifically designed to get you (quickly!) back on track.
- Stop Negative Thoughts ~ Learn powerful hypnotic techniques to stop negative thoughts before they start.
- Overcoming Procrastination ~ Let hypnosis help you get on with what you need to do, when you need to do it. Let nothing hold you back.
- Think Thin ~ Use hypnosis to re-train your brain and lose weight naturally... that's how to get and stay slim.
- Fall Asleep Fast ~ Relearn how to fall asleep fast and enjoy a good night's sleep.
- The Next Level ~ Designed to radically boost your performance in any field. It's based on a technique used by top athletes and other successful people to help them make a big stride forward.
The New Wave in Meditation Technology
is a way of enhancing your meditation practice, making meditation not only easier and more enjoyable, but also more efficient and effective.
- Establish a daily practice that sticks
- Enhance your focus, flow, and performance
- Relieve stress, anxiety, and depression
- Evolve and deepen your spiritual life