Simple and Full of Flavor Rice-Based Meals
Egg fried rice can be one of the simplest and quickest meals to prepare for lunch. Also, both eggs and rice are some of the more nutritious foods to provide the nutrients and energy the human body needs. This meal is versatile, delicious and easy to make.
Its origin goes back to traditional Chinese food. It was invented during the Sui dynasty (A.D. 589–618), in Yangzhou, eastern Jiangsu province. It is a dish that we can find on the menu of many Asian restaurants.
Egg fried rice is a meal with many international variations and also has different presentations to give the diner an infinite number of options to choose how to enjoy it.
A meal with different versions in the world
There are many Asian recipes for egg fried rice that you should try at home. For example:
- Fried rice egg rolls: this appetizer consists of fried rice with vegetables which are wrapped in beaten and cooked eggs, or omelets.
- Thai Style Egg Fried Rice: it includes fish sauce along with red chilis or serrano pepper. You can also add cilantro, lime juice, and green onion on top.
- Indian Style Egg Fried Rice: this amazing meal has a spicy flavor due to it includes mustard seeds, turmeric, and peppers infused in the frying oil. Its Indian touch is present in all its splendor.
- Korean style Egg Fried Rice: its original name is Gyeran-bap and it consists of short-grain rice cooked with a fried egg on top. The rice is seasoned with soy sauce, green onion, sesame seeds, sesame oil, and butter. It is a perfect meal for breakfast or dinner. Also, If you make it with rice that is already cooked, it will only take about 10 minutes to make.
Next, you’ll see a recipe for Chinese-inspired Egg Fried Rice with vegetables that you will surely love and want to share with your people.
Also, you can check another egg fried rice recipe by clicking the next link: https://minuterice.com/recipes/microwave-egg-fried-rice/
Chinese-inspired Egg Fried Rice
Ingredients (2 servings)
- 6 tbsp. of butter.
- 4 whisked eggs.
- 4 peeled and diced medium carrots.
- 2 diced small white onions.
- 1 cup of frozen peas.
- 6 minced cloves of garlic.
- Salt and black pepper, to taste.
- 8 cups of cooked and chilled rice (preferably short-grain white rice).
- 6 thinly sliced green onions.
- 6-8 tbsp. of soy sauce, or more to taste.
- 4 tsp. of oyster sauce (optional).
- 1 tsp. of toasted sesame oil.
How to prepare
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter in a large saucepan, heat over medium-high heat and wait until melted. Add eggs and cook until they get scrambled, stirring constantly. Once the eggs are cooked and scrambled, place them in a separated plate.
- Pour two tablespoons of butter into the saucepan and heat until melted. Add the carrots, peas, onion, and garlic cloves. Add salt and pepper to taste and season. Sauté the vegetables until the carrots and onions soften.
- Raise the heat to high and add the remaining three tablespoons of butter, heat until melted, and add the cooked rice into the saucepan along with the onion, soy sauce, and oyster sauce and stir until well combined.
- Continue sautéing for 6 minutes to fry the rice well, stirring occasionally. You can stop stirring a bit to get the rice frying on the bottom a nice and toasty, crispy finish.
- Add the eggs and stir until well mixed. Remove the saucepan from the heat and add the sesame oil. Mix well and season with more soy sauce if you like.
Taking it to the next level
You can add more ingredients to this amazing recipe to change its sensations and make this dish a unique and exquisite experience. Some other ingredients you can add to this delicious dish are:
- Chicken breast: you can cook in a separate saucepan the chicken and dismember it or cut it into pieces. Rotisserie chicken is also a good option.
- Shrimp: remove the shells from raw shrimp, sauté them in a separate saucepan with spices and once cooked, add them to the rice.
- Kimchi: adding kimchi to this fried rice will guarantee you an unparalleled flavor when tasting this food.
- Pineapple: the use of pineapple in fried rice is typical of Chinese and Thai cuisine. The addition of this ingredient will give the rice an unmatched sweet-sour touch.
This meal can be stored in your refrigerator for up to 3 days. However, since it contains vegetables and eggs, it is recommended to eat it right after cooking or in the next hours.