Drug Rehab & Alcohol Treatment in San Diego
California is known for its warm weather, beautiful beaches, surfing, wine, Hollywood and progressive politics. Nearly 270 million people visit the state every year to see popular sites such as the Golden Gate Bridge, Disneyland, Hollywood, and Yosemite National Park. California can seem like a dream come true from an outsider’s point of view, but in reality, many people in this state are struggling with high rates of addiction the way most other states in America are.
If you or someone you know is in need of help for drug abuse, finding the best drug rehab in California is very important.
This article will discuss in detail on what you need to look for when choosing a drug rehab facility in California.
Taking a Look at The Available Options
There are several ways for you to find rehabilitation facilities if you are struggling with a drug abuse disorder, or if you worry if someone you know, or love might be suffering from an addiction.
Do an Online Search
It’s important to be discrete with your search for rehab facilities and searching online is the way to go. You can easily find information on different types of addictions and their corresponding treatment, as well as available facilities online. You can even search for support groups within your area online.
Reach Out and Speak with Professional Healthcare Workers
Getting in touch with a counselor, therapist, social worker, mental health expert, or interventionist can provide you with much needed information on where and how to find the right resources. These people form a large network of addiction experts and they can direct you to where local rehab facilities are.
Call a Mental Health or Addiction Hotline
There are resources you can contact or get in touch in case you need immediate assistance. There are 24/7 mental health or drug addiction hotlines that are completely free and 100% confidential.
Finding the Best Drug Rehab Facility in California
To find reliable drug rehab facilities in California that fit your needs, contact your primary care physician or speak with a mental health professional. They can provide you with recommendations when it comes to local facilities.
Another way to find a good rehab facility within your area is by joining local recovery groups. Some of the questions you can ask people who have tried local drug rehab centers include:
- Which rehab facilities do you recommend?
- Which rehab facilities should be avoided?
- Where is the best drug rehab center in California?
- What were your experiences at certain facilities?
- How are you coping after leaving rehab?
Talking to individuals who have undergone substance abuse treatment can provide you with valuable insight on which facilities and treatments would work best for you.
What Should You Look for in a Drug Rehab Facility in California?
After getting procedure recommendations from mental health professionals and individuals recovering from substance abuse, it’s time to take an in-depth look on what to look for in rehab facilities.
Licensing and Accreditation
This is probably one of the most important things you need to look for when choosing a rehab center. When a rehab facility has proper accreditation and licensing, you’re guaranteed that their staff is well-versed in treating addiction and that they can help you recover. To find out if a facility is accredited and licensed, check their website. This information should be available in their ‘About Us’ page.
Local Partnerships and Other Partnerships Within the Community
One indicator of a facility’s commitment to improvement and credibility is with their involvement in local community groups, organizations, and businesses.
They Have a Multidisciplinary and Qualified Staff Members
Because substance abuse/drug addiction is a multi-faceted condition, it’s important that there is a wide range of professionals tasked to treating it. Make sure the rehab center you choose has a well-rounded team of professionals well-versed in medical and mental health issues.
Types of Drug Rehab Facilities in California
Drug rehab can involve several different types of therapies. Let’s look into some of the different programs that are offered at different drug rehab facilities in California.
- Inpatient –with this type of rehab, the patient lives in the facility 24/7 for a specific period of time. With this, the patient can completely focus on their recovery.
- Outpatient –this type of rehab is offered for individuals who are unable to drop everything in their life (they have to go to work/school, or are they have family) and stay in a facility 24/7. Most of the services offered at inpatient rehabs are also available to them.
- Faith-based –this type of rehab program encourages patients to detox from the drugs they are addicted to, and at the same time they also receive spiritual support. Besides medical and mental health experts, patients meet with spiritual advisors who provide them with guidance and counseling.
- 12-Step Program –the philosophy behind this type of rehab was spearheaded by Alcoholics Anonymous and is still used in many treatment centers even today.
- Non-12 Step Programs –these types of rehab programs are usually more secular and do not focus on a higher power. These programs can focus more on self-empowerment.
- Dual Diagnosis –this type of rehab combines treatment for substance abuse and mental health issues at the same time. This is because drug abuse often go hand-in-hand with mental health issues.
- Group Therapy –this type of rehab is a great option, because it can offer encouragement and support and build trust and understanding at the same time. Although group therapy can be scary at first, it can also be rewarding.
Looking for a Rehab Center for You or a Loved One?
There are so many drug rehab facilities in California that you end up being overwhelmed with the choices available. When deciding where to receive treatment for drug addiction, it is important that you find a program that works best for you and your needs.
Speak with a professional and ask questions so you can be guided to the right rehab center. The changes you make in your life during rehab will lay the foundation for how you get through the challenges that life brings. Choose wisely.