CBD for Mood Swings
Many people all around the world face different forms of mood disorders, in either mild or severe forms. Swings from an elevated mood to feeling miserable can be a real torture, which negatively affects a person's daily life.
People that suffer from mood disorders are usually prescribed medication and drugs to help regulate overall wellness. However, there is a new popular supplement - CBD that can also be useful and effective for mood stabilisation.
CBD is becoming more widely used and getting more recognition online than other common medicaments and alternative treatments. CBD is a natural method to improve health without risks of unwanted reactions and severe adverse effects such as addiction that is often caused by prescription drugs.
From oils, syrups, patches, and even food products - the CBD market can offer a broad range of products to help each person prevent diseases or ailments. However, let's focus our attention on understanding what CBD is and how efficient it can be in managing mood disorders.
What Is CBD?
Cannabidiol (CBD) is an active and prominent chemical that is found in Cannabis Sativa plants. CBD is a botanical and non-addictive compound, which belongs to a special group of components extracted from hemp. There are more than 100 naturally occurring chemicals called cannabinoids, which can be beneficial and useful in medicine.
CBD doesn't possess psychoactive properties, which guarantees consumption without getting euphoric or “high” effects, as well as any form of intoxication. Such effects can be caused by another well-known cannabinoid Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) in cases of misuse. Although CBD based products sometimes include traces of THC chemicals, the little concentration doesn't cause a “high”, which ensures a risk-free treatment.
Exploring CBD Benefits
Cannabidiol provides a safe treatment with a wide-ranging list of advantages. CBD effects vanilloid receptors in the body due to the ongoing activity of cannabinoids and the production of a broad spectrum of chemical responses.
CBD is extremely popular among patients struggling with keeping physical and mental balance, including the following issues:
- Cannabidiol relieves joint and arthritis pain, migraines, headaches, helps to ease aches from injuries, wounds, sores, and extreme inflammation;
- CBD facilitates symptoms of different anxiety disorders, depression, and PTSD. Also, long-term use of cannabidiol can promote a calmer mind, better quality sleep, stabilisation of insomnia/hypersomnia;
- CBD enhances memory and concentration, promotes productivity and endurance. It can also treat acne and other skin problems;
- Cannabidiol can work as an effective alternative painkiller for people with epilepsy, cancer, Parkinson's disease, or diabetes. Furthermore, CBD can help to overcome various forms of addiction: opioid, cocaine, and psychostimulant.
This makes CBD worth considering as an option for people that need a clear-headed remedy to alleviate symptoms of many disorders.
CBD Oil For Mood Swings: Can It Be Helpful?
Mood disorders cause a range of conditions when an emotional state or mood is unstable and prevent the ability to function normally. Mood disorders may include cheerful periods followed by deep unhappiness.
Such periods can lead to impulsive, high-risk, and, in some cases, dangerous behaviour, such as having suicidal thoughts. People with mood disorders may experience unpredictable actions and mental swings for a prolonged period or even a lifetime.
Mood swings are mostly caused by neurochemical irregularities in the limbic system of the brain (hypothalamus, hippocampus, and amygdala). They are responsible for managing emotional conditions such as stress, anxiety, and depression.
After consuming CBD based products, cannabinoids transmit signals to the brain to reduce anxiety, calm down a mental state, or provide pain relief. The brain can receive these signals both from naturally produced cannabinoids in the organism and cannabinoids from the CBD products. CBD can ease the symptoms of mood disorders by impacting the activity of the endocannabinoid system.
If you're dealing with constant mood swings and searching for a natural and effective solution, CBD might be the right remedy worth paying attention to.
Forms Of Using CBD
CBD comes in different types, concentrations, and forms. The choice of a particular product depends on the individual preferences and the severity of a disorder. Take your time to try goods available on the market to find a suitable and preferable type of product to suit your needs and improve your health condition.
- CBD Edibles. Such products might be anything from candies, cookies, and chocolate to protein bars and snacks. Furthermore, there are vegan, vegetarian and gluten-free options with pure composition and natural ingredients, that also include useful CBD compounds;
- CBD Vape Pens and Juices. This method guarantees a rapid effect by smoking oil or juice using a vaporiser. You can purchase vape pens or vaping devices with a replaceable cartridge or inhale CBD oil from disposable vape pens. Keep in mind: regular vaping may negatively impact lung function;
- CBD Oils and Tinctures. A liquid form of CBD works as great food supplements that can be added to any meals and beverages. You can add a few drops of oil when you cook desserts and other meals;
- CBD Capsules and Tablets. A traditional form of pills or capsules allows an easy intake and provides a daily amount of CBD to the body. Capsules don't have any specific taste and can be discreetly consumed. This way you will avoid being asked why you place a pipette with oil in your mouth;
- CBD Creams and Balms. Topical application provides effective and simple daily use. Creams are especially suitable for targeting inflamed areas directly.
CBD Side Effects
Like any other drugs or medication, CBD oil has its side effects. It’s usually a well-tolerated product; however, in some cases, it can cause dry mouth, diarrhoea, loss of appetite, drowsiness, or fatigue. Also, CBD may not be compatible with other medications and food supplements. Contemporaneous intake may diminish the beneficial effects of either CBD or other medicaments.
It's recommended to consult a doctor before using CBD based products to discuss possible reactions and prevent allergic reactions to specific components in the composition.
Is CBD Legal?
Allowed THC concentration in hemp and marijuana differs from one country to another as well as their law regulations.
In 2018, Farm Bill reclassified hemp from a strictly regulated and banned compound to an agricultural raw-material in the United States. This means customers can purchase CBD products with allowed levels up to 0.3% of the THC component.
As for the EU regulations, manufacturers are allowed to cultivate industrial hemp legally only if it contains less than 0.2% of the THC. If the CBD infused product meets all standards set by the government, it can be sold and purchased legally.
From the professional sports field to usual activities, CBD ensures energy restoration and productivity increase to perform at a high level. The pure composition and effectiveness of CBD contribute to significant relief of symptoms while complying with norms and requirements.