What do you Understand by Carotid Artery Disease?
The carotid artery is one of the two significant arteries that supply blood to the head and divide into an external branch that supplies the neck, face, and other external parts, and an internal branch that supplies the brain, eye, and other internal parts. There is one carotid artery on each side of the head. People usually Buy Modawake 200mg for various sleep-related problems caused by narcolepsy, sleep apnea, insomnia,
Fat deposits (plaques) obstruct the blood vessels that provide blood to your brain and head, causing carotid artery disease (carotid arteries). The obstruction raises your risk of having a stroke, a major medical emergency that happens when the blood supply to the brain is cut off or significantly diminished. Carotid artery disease is also known as Carotid artery stenosis. The word describes the carotid arteries narrowing. Plaque, an accumulation of fatty compounds and cholesterol deposits, commonly causes this constriction.
Like other arterial diseases, carotid artery disease can arise from atherosclerosis or artery hardening. Plaque, a buildup of fatty deposits, causes this disorder. The plaque has the potential to gradually block an artery, decreasing blood flow.
Your NYU Langone physician does a physical examination to identify carotid artery disease. This entails using a stethoscope to listen to the carotid arteries for a bruit, a "whooshing" sound brought on by erratic blood flow that can be heard when the carotid arteries are significantly obstructed.
Lifestyle Changes required for Carotid Artery Disease
- No Smoking
- Controlling high blood pressure
- Controlling diabetes
- Have regular checkups with your doctor.
- A proper check on your cholesterol with a proper treatment
- Eating a heart-healthy diet
- Maintaining a healthy weight
- Exercising at least 30 minutes
- Limiting alcohol to 1 drink per day for women, 2 for men
The best treatment for Carotid Artery Disease
- Carotid endarterectomy
- Carotid angioplasty and stenting this treatment are to be followed, if the blockage is too difficult to reach with carotid endarterectomy or maybe you have other health conditions that make the surgery too risky.
Foods to Eat during Carotid Artery Disease
- One should eat healthy food
- A low-fat diet is always preferred
- Eating more fruits and vegetables.
- Choosing a high-fiber food that is whole-grain bread, pasta, cereals, and crackers.
- Try eating lean meats and skinless chicken and turkey.
- Eat fish twice a week if possible.
Risk factors for Carotid Artery Disease
- High cholesterol
- Insulin resistance
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Family history
Symptoms of Carotid Artery Disease
- Sudden loss of vision
- Blurred vision
- One of the major symptoms seen is Numbness, which is basically on one side of the face, body, or in one arm or leg.
- Suddenly finding it difficult to walk
- Loss of balance
- Lack of coordination
- Difficulty speaking
- Severe headache
- Memory related Problems
- Difficulty in swallowing
How Does Carotid Artery Disease Happen?
- If the artery becomes extremely narrowed.
- If there is a rupture in an artery to the brain that usually has atherosclerosis.
- This is a piece of plaque that breaks off and travels to the smaller arteries of the brain.
- A blood clot forms and then obstructs a blood vessel. People also buy Modalert 100mg to sort out the problems that are usually due to sleep related issues.
Did you find this article helpful? Share your thoughts with friends...