Inspiring Quotes of the Week + super bonuses!
Permanently Remove Stress From Your Life
By Natasha Munson
1. Speak and honor your truth. One of the biggest problems, especially for women, is knowing when and how to say no. Many women are born with the need to please and deal with societal pressures to be superwoman. We must learn to say no when we mean no and yes when we truly mean yes. Our truth is a gift that we must honor. We all know when we are not honoring our truth because we feel it in our spirit. Live your life so that everything is a reflection of your truth.
2. Stop feeling obligated. So many times we maintain friendships and relationships out of obligation. We feel that we must remain part of a person's life because of the length of time we have known them or what we have experienced together in the past. However, people change and you must acknowledge when a friendship is no longer beneficial and enriching. You can feel when someone is draining your life and energy. Then you must remove yourself from the equation. You must remember that you are allowing yourself to feel obligated and you are choosing to be obligated. You can also choose whom you give your time and energy too.
3. Use your faith. Understand that you need God and your faith to deal with the issues and problems that will arise in life. Then use your faith to help you endure. Our faith is like the fuel that keeps our spirits working efficiently. So everyday, read a bible verse and an inspirational message to keep your spirit replenished.
4. Get disciplined. We must lead by example. If we truly want to love our lives and keep depression and bad decisions at bay then we must become disciplined in all areas of our life. Discipline will help us have control over our life and our decisions.
5. Make a commitment. In my life I made a commitment to live a life I loved. That commitment requires me to look at life and people differently. In order to love my life, every decision I make, every friendship and relationship I have, and every opportunity I pursue must keep me on the path of loving my life. You must make a commitment to have your life stand and mean something. People should be able to see the God in you and want to know more about your joy and your life.
6. This too shall pass. We must understand that everything in life has a time, a season and a reason. Life itself is a process and people are a part of that process. When you understand life in these simple terms it gives you the ability to deal with life. No matter what you are dealing with in life, from an annoying coworker to a life-changing event, there is a simple truth that will prevail - this too shall pass.
7. No woe-is-me parties and no excuses. As a human being you will have moments in your life when you feel like saying, why me? There are also times when you will sit down with others and talk about the struggles and hardships of life. We must refuse to partake in the misery moments. You must refuse to give that negative energy power. And then you must stop blocking your own blessing and progress. Most likely if you are not receiving what you want out of life it is because you are blocking yourself in some way. The only person that can stop you from living your purpose and doing what God sent you here to do is you. In order to feel fulfilled in life, you must refuse to make excuses in your life and you must be an active participant in your life. You must do everything you can to keep your life progressing in a positive way.
8. Create a life plan. Make sure it has a time line and a deadline. Plan your life. This simple act will help you when obstacles and opportunities present themselves.
9. Take and make time for yourself. We must incorporate time for ourselves into our lives. Many times we become stressed and overworked because we are in a state of constantly giving. As spiritual people it is easy to understand why we want to be so giving. Yet we all must learn how to replenish and how to get restored. There are twenty-four hours provided in a day. Saying that you do not have time for yourself is an excuse. Not making time for yourself is a choice. So you must simply choose differently. Choose to give time to yourself and decide when and how you will take time for yourself.
10. Love your life. In the lowest moment of my life I adopted the slogan, Live a life you love! It was more than an affirmation. It was a goal I wanted to accomplish. I understood that this goal would alter my life, and it has in an amazing way. Once I committed to living a life I loved my decision-making changed. Suddenly I had to question whether I would look back on an opportunity and say I would have, I could have or I should have. I had to examine whether a decision would leave me with feelings of regret or accomplishment. I became more aware of my choices and my friendships. We are all blessed with the ability to live a life we love. We must remember that it is a commitment that affects every area of our life, every decision that we make, and every person that we allow to be in our life. Everyone and everything in your life should be a reflection of the joy that is in your life.
These steps have helped me get on with my life and love it so much that I literally smile in my sleep.