By Rob McBride
For better or worse our routines direct our destiny. Frequently, we think about routine as something monotonous and undesirable. Even so, we all have routines and not all of them are bad! While there are certain routines and habits we would like to change, like smoking and eating too much, there are others which drive us to grow and improve.
Recently, I had the opportunity to take an extended vacation. When I returned, I realized I had stopped doing several exercise routines. Even though I know these routines are most beneficial, after neglecting them for several weeks, reestablishing them has been a difficult task.
There is a study which says it takes 21 days to establish a positive habit and only 3 days to lose it. While it may actually take more or less time, it's a good rule of thumb. Knowing what we should do is easy; doing it is another story!
How can we find energy and willpower to establish routines which will empower us while eliminating those which do not benefit us? While I don't claim to have the "final answer," there is something we can all do to lead us to this utopia. When we integrate challenge as a part of a routine, we automatically add an element which allows us to derive more pleasure from the activity.
This idea is congruent with the studies of Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi and Martin Seligman on happiness. Their studies include the investigation of hundreds of thousands of people worldwide, from all walks of life and diverse age groups. They conclude we are happiest when we are working towards a worthy ideal. While resting and basking on a sunny beach with nothing to do has its value, as strange as it may seem, this is not when we are happiest!
We can Challenge Routine in order to achieve more happiness and "flow" in our lives.
Deciding to exercise more and to eat less is a decision we make quite often. Unfortunately, these wonderful desires are often left as nothing more than a great idea. Inaction is the result of the famous line, "I'll start on Monday." One way to close this gap is to establish and achieve small goals which are realistic. Let's look at an example. If someone hasn't done any exercise in the past year, is it likely they will start doing exercise every day starting next Monday? While anything is possible, it isn't probable.
If we want to start doing more exercise we can start with simple things. For example, we can start the day with some stretching before we get out of bed. We can take the stairs, even if it's for a couple of floors, instead of taking the elevator. We can pick things up instead of dragging them across the floor. In this case the challenge could be, "What can I do to get a little bit of exercise in everything I do?"
When we establish objectives which are achievable, little by little we go far! Our current habits and routines are the result of many years of experience. While it is not realistic to think we can change all of our bad habits and convert them into empowering routines tomorrow, taking small steps to Challenge Routine utilizes our mind to our benefit instead of to our detriment.
We all know what we should do. It isn't what we know rather what we do which is most important! When we make a game of our routines and look for a way to make them more interesting we achieve two objectives. First, we enter into a state of "flow" which leads us to happiness; secondly, we establish routines which create power and energy. Challenge Routine today to achieve much more tomorrow.
Rob McBride has developed an innovative and exciting way of teaching people how to bounce back from our lowest moments by capitalizing on the most incredible moments of our lives. His ideas are transmitted through conferences, seminars, courses and training programs. For more information go to the Inspire home page.
Want to renew your life?
- Learn valuable life skills and key insights to master all your life challenges.
- Advance on a path of practical spirituality - being the difference you'd like to see in the world. The human heart made visible.
- Have personal support from your coach to make transitions that will fulfill your potential.
Support your personal development with these popular and effective hypnosis downloads...
- Find Your Identity ~ Know deep-down really who you are.
- Develop Powerful Resilience ~ How to be more robust to knocks in life.
- Awakening Intuition ~ Learn how to pay attention to your unconscious.
- Sweet Tooth ~ Train your brain to lose your sweet tooth.
- Finish What You Start ~ Sprint all the way past the finish line.
- Do It Now ~ A hypnosis audio to trigger deep, emotionally driven activity.
- Life Priorities ~ Hypnosis can help you clarify what really matters to you.
- Stop Thinking About Someone ~ A session to help you move on from thoughts that have been constantly pestering you.
- Public Speaking Fear ~ Banish speaking anxiety and nerves with hypnosis.
- Motivate Yourself to Exercise ~ Build a powerful exercise habit that you can't break.
- Get Rid of Fear & Anxiety ~ Stop worry and apprehension wrecking your life.
- Self Esteem ~ Break the negative trance of low self esteem and give yourself a chance in life.
- Create Your Own Reality ~ Use the power of your unconscious mind to transform your life.
- Deeper Self Respect ~ Use hypnosis to connect with your true inner worth.
- Detach From Fear ~ Tune out nervousness and anxiety with hypnosis.
- Improving Concentration and Focus ~ Learn how to discipline, direct and command your mind to improve your performance.
- Exercise Motivation ~ Give you powerful keys to getting back on track with your exercise - and staying there.
- Overcoming Shyness ~ Provides an invisible security blanket allowing you to develop social ease and overcome shyness.
- Quick Confidence Booster ~ An audio hypnosis session that's specifically designed to get you (quickly!) back on track.
- Stop Negative Thoughts ~ Learn powerful hypnotic techniques to stop negative thoughts before they start.
- Overcoming Procrastination ~ Let hypnosis help you get on with what you need to do, when you need to do it. Let nothing hold you back.
- Think Thin ~ Use hypnosis to re-train your brain and lose weight naturally... that's how to get and stay slim.
- Fall Asleep Fast ~ Relearn how to fall asleep fast and enjoy a good night's sleep.
- The Next Level ~ Designed to radically boost your performance in any field. It's based on a technique used by top athletes and other successful people to help them make a big stride forward.
Welcome to the New Wave in Meditation Technology
is a way of enhancing your meditation practice, making meditation not only easier and more enjoyable, but also more efficient and effective.
- Establish a daily practice that sticks
- Enhance your focus, flow, and performance
- Relieve stress, anxiety, and depression
- Evolve and deepen your spiritual life
The World of Inspiration eLibrary
- Many profoundly illuminating afterlife, NDE and OBE ebooks
- The largest collection of high-power inspiration and mind development books anywhere on the Internet
- Hundreds of hours of fascinating interviews with world spiritual leaders and mind experts
- Whole worlds of philosophy, psychology and esoteric history explored
- Fascinating back-libraries of magazines exploring new paradigms and alternative thinking
Step inside. Just like a real library, there are thousands of quality eBooks presented on three "floors" and in different "rooms." To purchase your $15 Lifetime Membership to the World of Inspiration eLibrary, click the following button:
The transaction is in the language and currency of your choice.