"I Wish to Be Useful:
Book review by Peter Shepherd
A Guide to Living with Greater Significance"
By David DeFord
David DeFord's new book begins with the above quote. I think most of us hope that by the end of our lives we can look back and feel that the world is a better place because of our presence and the contributions we have made. Along the way, too, we want to feel that we are making a difference to the lives of people around us. How to go about "making a difference" is the crucial question and this book provides many of the answers.
David explains that the key to great achievement is finding a higher purpose, one that will give us the sense that what we are doing is so important it MUST be done. For those of us with families, our greatest significance comes from our actions at home. By raising our children well, we make our greatest contribution to society. We can also find wonderful significance through our work and our contributions to our communities. The book contains many practical tips and anecdotes to illustrate how we can move forward in these areas in a way that is true to our unique personality and goals in life.
This book will help you:
- Develop a sense of mission
- Find your higher purpose
- Believe in yourself
- Develop the characteristics of greatness
- Live a more active and purposeful life
- Learn what one person can do to influence the world
- Know how to make a difference in the world
- Expand your freedom
- Convert hard times into the good life
Get to know five excellent examples of people who live useful lives. Learn how three young men in the slums of Newark who made a pact with each other to rise above their desperate challenges and practice medicine. Inspire yourself as you read how a Dallas pathologist, at the very point of death, determined to see his family again. Read about the determination of a fourteen-year-old expectant mother who presses past failure after failure to live her dream as a nurse. You can develop similar characteristics of greatness. The seeds are in you.
David is an intelligent collector of quotes and each chapter is illustrated by a number of very apposite ones. Talking about making a contribution in life he recommends, “Do something right away. I have heard people say that they will first make their fortune, then perform some grand and exotic service to mankind. But I have found that we can do more good by serving in small ways throughout our lives—day after day. Samuel Johnson said, 'He who waits to do a great deal of good at once, will never do anything.' ”
The book is available in PDF and printed versions and for the next few days only comes with a special offer package–a huge selection of very interesting bonus materials. Check it out...
Trans4mind Training is the help you need...
Support your personal development with these popular and effective hypnosis downloads...
- Find Your Identity ~ Know deep-down really who you are.
- Believe In Yourself ~ Build trust in who you are and what you can do.
- Self Discipline ~ Finally take charge of your life.
- Develop Powerful Resilience ~ How to be more robust to knocks in life.
- Awakening Intuition ~ Learn how to pay attention to your unconscious.
- Sweet Tooth ~ Train your brain to lose your sweet tooth.
- Finish What You Start ~ Sprint all the way past the finish line.
- Do It Now ~ A hypnosis audio to trigger deep, emotionally driven activity.
- Life Priorities ~ Hypnosis can help you clarify what really matters to you.
- Stop Thinking About Someone ~ A session to help you move on from thoughts that have been constantly pestering you.
- Public Speaking Fear ~ Banish speaking anxiety and nerves with hypnosis.
- Motivate Yourself to Exercise ~ Build a powerful exercise habit that you can't break.
- Get Rid of Fear & Anxiety ~ Stop worry and apprehension wrecking your life.
- Self Esteem ~ Break the negative trance of low self esteem and give yourself a chance in life.
- Create Your Own Reality ~ Use the power of your unconscious mind to transform your life.
- Deeper Self Respect ~ Use hypnosis to connect with your true inner worth.
- Detach From Fear ~ Tune out nervousness and anxiety with hypnosis.
- Improving Concentration and Focus ~ Learn how to discipline, direct and command your mind to improve your performance.
- Exercise Motivation ~ Give you powerful keys to getting back on track with your exercise - and staying there.
- Overcoming Shyness ~ Provides an invisible security blanket allowing you to develop social ease and overcome shyness.
- Quick Confidence Booster ~ An audio hypnosis session that's specifically designed to get you (quickly!) back on track.
- Stop Negative Thoughts ~ Learn powerful hypnotic techniques to stop negative thoughts before they start.
- Overcoming Procrastination ~ Let hypnosis help you get on with what you need to do, when you need to do it. Let nothing hold you back.
- Think Thin ~ Use hypnosis to re-train your brain and lose weight naturally... that's how to get and stay slim.
- Fall Asleep Fast ~ Relearn how to fall asleep fast and enjoy a good night's sleep.
- The Next Level ~ Designed to radically boost your performance in any field. It's based on a technique used by top athletes and other successful people to help them make a big stride forward.