The Role of Your Life
My friend from Sweden, Ingela Berger has written an e-book called "The Role of Your Life," which is quite unusual. I don't think you have read a book like this lately, because it presents a rather very different approach to personal growth. Ingela claims that you can change your life from the outside in. Most people claim the opposite, but Ingela turns things upside down!
It is about how you can change your life and become what you are - your true self. It's about how we have adapted all kinds of masks and facades to cope with the difficulties in life, and how we can get rid of these and become the person we really are inside. We can play the role of our life. This is what really creates health and well-being. Perhaps you already realize this, but most important: this book also gives you the tangible tools to make the changes you need and want. It is not just a report on why you need to change; it is a method, a technique, which will teach you HOW you can change:
- Experience the freedom of being your true authentic self
- Gain self knowledge
- Avoid unnecessary detours in life
- Manage fear and anger
- Cultivate love and goodness
- Create your own new circumstances
- Enjoy life quality and make the most of your life
- And much much more...
Psychodrama has long been one of the most effective means of therapy. That's because it deals with your identity, the roles you play in life, and how they may limit you. The big news here is that Ingela has applied the key insights of one of the greatest drama teachers of all time, Constantin Stanislavsky, not to therapy but to personal growth. Stanislavky's work was a big influence in the creation of our 'upper level' Mind Development courses some 15 years ago - in particular to help break down deeply imprinted cultural conditioning, just as an actor needs to clear his usual identity and realistically take on a new one - so I was pleasantly surprised to find that Ingela has created a personal development course based on these principles. I'm most impressed. Her program is about positive gain - not just to be normal but to be special!
This is an excerpt from "The Role of Your Life" by Ingela Berger...
Recent discussions have focused on the inside and stated that change occurs from the inside out. Many authors of self-help books have encouraged their readers to dig deeply inside themselves to accomplish change, but have failed to give them the necessary tools. Our inside does contain measureless resources that we can learn to use in much more beneficial ways. But the inside is a landscape that is very difficult to access and navigate. Searching in these deep domains can be misleading and even yet another detour. To reach the inside we can use the outside. I want to turn things upside down and cast light on the tangible tools in the world around us. I want to show you a way that offers you greater possibilities to achieve real change: By using outside stimuli, incentives, tools from the physical world around us, and from our own bodies, we can reach our inside and accomplish balance and change from the outside in. This is the theme of this book.
Does this contradict the theories that claim we can change through our minds and thoughts? Not at all. This is just another angle, and I want to invite you to look at it from this angle, because I believe you will find it easier to approach your mind and soul with tangible means. Read on and you will understand why.
There is a relation and connection between body and soul. We can use this connection. We all have an ability to communicate between body and soul. First of all we need to be aware of this connection. Then we need to learn how to use and practice this ability until it becomes a habit, a need, a way of living. When we learn to live like this we will realize that body and soul is a whole. When we touch one, the other is immediately affected.
Changing from the outside in does not mean being shallow or disregarding the inner resources. On the contrary - important changes do take place on the inside. This approach simply means that we make use of some tricks to bring our shy, hidden inner resources out in the open. We all have enormous supplies of resources inside. We have unique qualities and talents, gifts that we know we could make use of much more than is the case. Changing your life means to encounter the material that is already in there, with tools from the outside, and to start using it.
A pot of clay will not become better or finer because we keep polishing the exterior. We have to lift the lid off, put our hand in the pot and find out how it looks on the inside. Step by step we can then balance the outside with the inside. Guessing what's inside and trying to see through the surface won't make any lasting changes. We have to start from the outside, practically. This is an exciting way of living.
Lynne Bernfield, psychotherapist, tells us that she has the habit of planting vegetables on the same spot in her garden every year. One year, when she had been digging and preparing the land she lost her energy and couldn't plant anything. The following spring she was surprised to find a flowerbed full of wonderful snapdragons. She says that the same way that she did not know that seeds of snapdragons were slumbering under the surface, waiting for space and nutrition enough to blossom, you could be unaware of abilities, talents, interests and pleasures that are waiting patiently within you for an opportunity to enrich your life.
We have a great treasure and energy inside of us. We have the seeds of happiness, creativity, talent, love, generosity and satisfaction. What we need is learn to use the outer stimuli that will help us entice those qualities. The stimuli are all around us in the physical world, in things, in living creatures. Some would call it a spiritual phenomenon, yet it is most concrete and tangible. Perhaps there is no contradiction between spirit and matter. Perhaps everything is matter. I prefer to think in those terms, and there may be matter that we still don't know anything about. Quantum physics is broadening our views of the universe and our whole existence. We are small parts in the material world and perhaps we need the rest of the entire universe to live in full. Every part needs the other and the entirety.
Around us is energy that we can accumulate. You can choose to call this spiritual, but it is just as fantastic to imagine that everything - even our soul - is matter. However we choose to look at it there is help to get from the world around us, and it's completely free. We can use the world and it is just as simple and substantial as it is complicated and profound. Often it isn't necessary to understand or believe all the complicated connections. We basically have to try and see what happens.
Looking for a better life?
- Learn valuable life skills and key insights
- Become clear on exactly what to do in order to fulfill your potential
- Personal support from our team of life coaches
Support your personal development with these popular and effective hypnosis downloads...
- Sweet Tooth ~ Train your brain to lose your sweet tooth.
- Finish What You Start ~ Sprint all the way past the finish line.
- Do It Now ~ A hypnosis audio to trigger deep, emotionally driven activity.
- Life Priorities ~ Hypnosis can help you clarify what really matters to you.
- Stop Thinking About Someone ~ A session to help you move on from thoughts that have been constantly pestering you.
- Public Speaking Fear ~ Banish speaking anxiety and nerves with hypnosis.
- Motivate Yourself to Exercise ~ Build a powerful exercise habit that you can't break.
- Get Rid of Fear & Anxiety ~ Stop worry and apprehension wrecking your life.
- Self Esteem ~ Break the negative trance of low self esteem and give yourself a chance in life.
- Create Your Own Reality ~ Use the power of your unconscious mind to transform your life.
- Deeper Self Respect ~ Use hypnosis to connect with your true inner worth.
- Detach From Fear ~ Tune out nervousness and anxiety with hypnosis.
- Improving Concentration and Focus ~ Learn how to discipline, direct and command your mind to improve your performance.
- Exercise Motivation ~ Give you powerful keys to getting back on track with your exercise - and staying there.
- Overcoming Shyness ~ Provides an invisible security blanket allowing you to develop social ease and overcome shyness.
- Quick Confidence Booster ~ An audio hypnosis session that's specifically designed to get you (quickly!) back on track.
- Stop Negative Thoughts ~ Learn powerful hypnotic techniques to stop negative thoughts before they start.
- Overcoming Procrastination ~ Let hypnosis help you get on with what you need to do, when you need to do it. Let nothing hold you back.
- Think Thin ~ Use hypnosis to re-train your brain and lose weight naturally... that's how to get and stay slim.
- Fall Asleep Fast ~ Relearn how to fall asleep fast and enjoy a good night's sleep.
- The Next Level ~ Designed to radically boost your performance in any field. It's based on a technique used by top athletes and other successful people to help them make a big stride forward.