Got the Career Blues? Step Outside the Box
- If you are currently employed, how does your current position make you feel? Valued? Uncomfortable? Competent? Incompetent? Excited? Depressed? How have you felt in past jobs?
- What do you like and not like about your current position? If you're not employed, think back to previous jobs. Make a list of "likes" and "don't likes." Next, expand your list of what you like to include ALL of your skills, abilities and talents. If you're an accountant who likes to garden, put gardening on your list.
- Notice your energy levels when you are doing your job or specific tasks you undertake in the rest of your life. Observe which tasks energize you and which drain your energy. Energy is a KEY indicator of life satisfaction and fulfillment. And noticing your energy helps you to connect with your body and its messages.
- While you're in the initial "What do I want to do?" stage, take MONEY out of the equation. Considering money as a factor is the fastest way to quash any dreams, passions or aspirations that might rise to the surface. I hear this from clients all the time. "Well, I have to make money. I have a mortgage to pay, kids to support. I couldn't possibly run off and write novels on the beach." Yes, you need to have money. And once you've identified what you want to do, then you can find ways to make it work with your financial needs.
- Be alert for ideas that are quickly followed by "This is crazy!" Or notice yourself telling someone, "I know this sounds crazy, but...." So called "crazy" ideas are often sure signs that you're on the right track, that you've uncovered an idea or value or passion that resonates deeply with you.
- Other questions: What does my gut tell me? What do I need to be honest with myself about?
Career changes are often indicators that something deeper within us is attempting to emerge, that we are ready to grow and change. Don't be surprised if a career transition or the quest for one heralds changes in other parts of your life or causes you to examine them from a different perspective. For example, you may feel immense gratitude for what you have. Or you may stand up for the first time and say "I'm not going to take this anymore!" Since we don't operate in a vacuum, one change will affect the next. And that domino effect is often the best thing that's ever happened to you.
Claudette Rowley, coach and author, helps professionals identify and pursue their true purpose and calling in life. Learn more at at CulturalBrilliance.com.
+ Support your personal development with these popular and effective hypnosis downloads...
- Find Your Identity ~ Know deep-down really who you are.
- Believe In Yourself ~ Build trust in who you are and what you can do.
- Self Discipline ~ Finally take charge of your life.
- Develop Powerful Resilience ~ How to be more robust to knocks in life.
- Awakening Intuition ~ Learn how to pay attention to your unconscious.
- Sweet Tooth ~ Train your brain to lose your sweet tooth.
- Finish What You Start ~ Sprint all the way past the finish line.
- Do It Now ~ A hypnosis audio to trigger deep, emotionally driven activity.
- Life Priorities ~ Hypnosis can help you clarify what really matters to you.
- Stop Thinking About Someone ~ A session to help you move on from thoughts that have been constantly pestering you.
- Public Speaking Fear ~ Banish speaking anxiety and nerves with hypnosis.
- Motivate Yourself to Exercise ~ Build a powerful exercise habit that you can't break.
- Get Rid of Fear & Anxiety ~ Stop worry and apprehension wrecking your life.
- Self Esteem ~ Break the negative trance of low self esteem and give yourself a chance in life.
- Create Your Own Reality ~ Use the power of your unconscious mind to transform your life.
- Deeper Self Respect ~ Use hypnosis to connect with your true inner worth.
- Detach From Fear ~ Tune out nervousness and anxiety with hypnosis.
- Improving Concentration and Focus ~ Learn how to discipline, direct and command your mind to improve your performance.
- Exercise Motivation ~ Give you powerful keys to getting back on track with your exercise - and staying there.
- Overcoming Shyness ~ Provides an invisible security blanket allowing you to develop social ease and overcome shyness.
- Quick Confidence Booster ~ An audio hypnosis session that's specifically designed to get you (quickly!) back on track.
- Stop Negative Thoughts ~ Learn powerful hypnotic techniques to stop negative thoughts before they start.
- Overcoming Procrastination ~ Let hypnosis help you get on with what you need to do, when you need to do it. Let nothing hold you back.
- Think Thin ~ Use hypnosis to re-train your brain and lose weight naturally... that's how to get and stay slim.
- Fall Asleep Fast ~ Relearn how to fall asleep fast and enjoy a good night's sleep.
- The Next Level ~ Designed to radically boost your performance in any field. It's based on a technique used by top athletes and other successful people to help them make a big stride forward.
The New Wave in Meditation Technology
is a way of enhancing your meditation practice, making meditation not only easier and more enjoyable, but also more efficient and effective.
- Establish a daily practice that sticks
- Enhance your focus, flow, and performance
- Relieve stress, anxiety, and depression
- Evolve and deepen your spiritual life