Inspiring Quotes of the Week + super bonuses!
Logosynthesis – Change through the Magic of Words
By Willem Lammers, MSc.
Logosynthesis is a new, remarkably elegant and efficient system for guided change – psychotherapy, coaching, and counseling. It can also be used as a self-help tool. This new system contains elements from many models in the field: energy psychology, transactional analysis, NLP, cognitive behavioral therapy, psychoanalysis, self-psychology and hypnotherapy, in an extremely effective combination. The author, myself, first introduced the model in 2005, and since then it has been continuously expanded.
As one of very few models, Logosynthesis also creates a unique space for the spiritual dimension of guided change: it helps us understand personal growth and development as a quality of our deepest human nature. As a method, Logosynthesis applies the age-old power of the word as a new, amazing healing tool, a starting point for surprisingly gentle healing of trauma, addiction, fear and stress symptoms.
Logosynthesis is based on four axioms, which may sound familiar, but which are new in their combination:
- Suffering is primarily the result of reduced awareness of our Essence, our core self, and of our creative tasks.
- Dissociated parts and introjects prevent our being fully aware of and living through our core self.
- Dissociated parts and introjects are rigid energy structures existing in 3-dimensional space, rather than abstract cognitive parts of mind.
- The power of the word itself dissolves these frozen structures and allows the energy they were holding captive to be reclaimed into the Living Self.
Logosynthesis teaches clear interventions in the form of specific sentences offered to the client, embedded in a beautifully broad and deep view of human nature. In the words of a client: "It's a deeply moving experience to feel the power of the word working in my own being, to experience change so immediately. Time expands and slows down, my flow of thoughts comes to a standstill. An inner space opens up, a space for My Self."
Sarah, playing music Sarah is a 30-year old business manager. She used to get anxious if she had to play the piano in front of people. In one session, she resolved this issue with the help of Logosynthesis, within a few minutes. The literal transcript of this sequence follows here. The transcript starts after I asked her to imagine the situation in which she experienced the fear:
- Sarah: "I watch myself playing the piano, going all tense."
- The coach gives her a sentence: "I retrieve all my energy that bound up in this fear of playing the piano."
- Sarah, after repeating the sentence, and being silent for a while: "I become a bit calmer." The coach gives her a second sentence: "I retrieve all my energy from the person watching me play the piano, and take it back to myself."
- Sarah, after repeating the sentence, and being silent for a while: "I become sad and cannot play anymore."
- The coach gives her a third sentence: "I remove all energy of the person watching me play the piano – out of my personal space and send it into the Light."
- Then, after a long silence, Sarah says: "I'm playing music, not notes!"
As a more solid introduction to this revolutionary system for guided change, you can download Introduction to Logosynthesis, a 13-page illustrated PDF.
Recently, the book "Logosynthesis - Change through the Magic of Words" was published. On 224 highly readable pages, this book explains the model as well as the application of Logosynthesis in your own practice for guided change, with examples for different types of issues. Annotated transcripts of actual sessions will help you to understand the system in detail. You can order it through the international website Logosynthesis.net.
Do you want to learn and experience Logosynthesis directly from its developer, for your clients and for yourself as an expert in guided change? This year's Logosynthesis Summer Institute in Bad Ragaz, Switzerland, offers the opportunity to get a first impression of Logosynthesis in the Level I course, to deepen your knowledge in the Level II, to gather experience as a client in Logosynthesis live, and apply what you learned in Supervision and Application days.
You will find more information on this unique learning occasion in this PDF: Download here. The fabulous views and the pleasant atmosphere of the Swiss Alps will support your learning process! The Institute in Bad Ragaz is situated at the intercity railway station, with hourly trains to Zurich airport. The offers Institute also Practitioner Level seminars in Halifax, NS, Canada. More information on www.logosynthesis.net. If you have a good professional network and want to plan a training near you, please contact the author by email.