Top 5 Ways to Get Rid of Negative
Thoughts and Enjoy Life
By Adela Belin
If you are trying really hard to get rid of negative thoughts, first and foremost, understand that there is no such thing as negativity, it’s only the absence of positivity. Once you start looking for positivity in every situation, things get quite easy, and all the power of your negative pseudo thoughts starts vanishing.
Following are the five ways to get rid of negative thoughts and enjoy life:
#1. Focus: Prioritize things, Focus and try to Concentrate on what is really important and what needs your attention. Most of the things we encounter are redundant and giving it importance is like inviting headache and migraine.
- Practice yoga: Make a habit of doing yoga or any other form of exercise. This will improve your health, and your thought process will also see a positive shift.
- Make a to-do list: You have limited energy, dedicate it to things that really matter. Make a list of things that you have to do today and try to stick to it. This will help you from getting diverted every time.
- Increase your concentration: Putting extra effort in everything you do, will not only drain your energy but will also drain your interest. Thus increasing the flow of negative thoughts and negativity.Try to improve your concentration and do things effortlessly. This will make you happy, and you can continue doing things for a more extended period, enthusiastically and progressively.
#2. Look for Solutions: People develop a habit of complaining.
- Out of 10 people you see, almost 7 of them will be complaining about this or that. Change this habit of yours, if you have. Talk about good things and talk about situations and probable solutions, if any.
- Everyone is fighting their own battle; you are one of them. Why not just have a different perspective towards it this time. Why not think of solutions when we know what the problem is? Why not discuss solutions instead of just conversing your issues with others? Think and act according to your personal needs and reach your goal of happiness.
- Ignore Negativity: We cannot control our external environment, even when you don’t do or say negative things, most of the time, you are bound to listen to these negative statements. Try to ignore it if it is not hurting anybody. But in case, you believe that this negativity can lead to something worse, it is better to stop it, right then and there.
- Talk Positively: When you start talking positively, you will feel better, and people around you will also react positively to you. This is the best way to kick negativity and negative thoughts out of your life. Stop giving it much attention. Focus only on positive aspects.
As Joyce Meyer said, “You can’t have a positive life with a negative mind.”
#4. Laugh when you can’t even smile: Hardest of all and most useful of all. When things get tough, it is okay to cry, but make a pact with yourself that you won’t be complaining again, at least, not for this cause.
- Live the Moment: For a second, ditch the stories of past and worries of future, try to live in the moment. Laugh with your friends, crack jokes, and do simple activity if that can make your negative thoughts go away.
- Live for Others: Life is all about people in it. Try to make them laugh and sooner or later, you will realize, you are laughing too. Isn’t this a great way to live life, Laugh and make everybody laugh.
- Love and Accept Yourself: Laugh at your flaws. Try to correct them if you can. And trust these words, sometimes, negativity comes from within, it is essential to know that you are doing your best and that this is the best you can do considering the given situation.
#5. Get Busy Working: Somebody correctly said, an idle mind is devil’s workshop. Probably the main reason for the generation of negative thoughts.
When we are free and have nothing to do, it is obvious to have certain thoughts and interestingly, these thoughts are mostly negative ones. A solution to that; the moment you realize you are having negative thoughts, stop for a moment, breathe and then try to start doing something, Anything. Dance, Sing, Write, Go for a walk, anything, but make sure you are not staying idle. You are not giving your mind enough time to build unnecessary thoughts.
In the end, keep in mind, you have one life, try to live it to its fullest.Make time for your loved ones. Do what you like to do. Try to ignore negativity as far as possible and enjoy life.
Nobody can predict the future but they can surely invent the present.
Did you find this article helpful? Share your thoughts and suggestions with your Facebook or Twitter friends below...