Tips to Win the Baccarat Game
Baccarat Game is a card game originating in France during the 16th century. Baccarat is a member of the card family known as Punto Banco. The origin of the name 'baccarat' is disputed. Some believe that it was derived from an Italian version of baccara, which means 'zero'. Others believe it originated from the Persian word bok-Khor, which means 'back hand' as a reference to its standard practice of being played counterclockwise from player to dealer, as at this UK online casino.
How to play Baccarat?
The object of baccarat is very similar to blackjack: Get closest to 9 without going over with your two cards (called "taking a 'Vingt-et-un'" or "21"). Players can also bet on one of two hands which will get closer to 9 when both are added together after both players have placed their bets (this is called "banco" or "bank").
Types of hands
There are three famous hands called the Natural, the Player, and the Banker. The player is always required to bet on one of these hands. If there isn't enough money in the bank for both players to have a successful wager, the player automatically becomes a banker.
- The dealer deals two cards face up to each player, starting with the player on his left, then continues dealing two more cards until everyone has three cards. Then he flips over an eight value card known as 'le 8' or 'carte informed(meaning "the inform card"), which will determine if anyone wins any bets made on 'Banco'.
- Also, if either of your first two cards is a ten or a picture card, you must announce it loudly to the table. Then the dealer deals three cards face-up, determining what hand wins if both players have a successful bet on either 'Natural' or 'Banker'.
- After an additional two cards are dealt with each player. There is a round of betting, after which another three cards are dealt with each player. Hence, another round of betting occurs. This continues until all eight rounds of dealing/betting have been completed.
- If anyone has a total value of 8-9 with their first two cards, they lose automatically unless any third card makes their hand closer to 9 than the other hand without going over 9 (this is called "making baccarat"). If no one makes.
- A successful bet and there is no '8' or '9' hand at the end of all the rounds, then the player with the highest valued third card wins if there is still a tie after comparing each player's third card, whoever has more money banked on their hand wins.
You can make additional wagers such as Player Pays 4:1 (for example, you place $5 on the banker. If the banker wins you take back your $5 and win $20). Banker Pays 5:4 (place $10 banked on banker and if he wins, you receive back your $10 and win $25). You can get the best Baccarat experience at http://tonybet.co.uk/casino.
All payouts at Baccarat use "coefficient", which is a number used to determine how much you will win or lose. For example, if the coefficient for Banker wagering 4:1 is 5, and you banked $10 on the banker, and he wins, you would win $40 (you take back your original bet of $10 plus an additional $30 from paying out at 4:1).
All winning bets in Baccarat pay off at 9/5 odds unless otherwise noted above. All winning bets are paid off at the table except for Banco, which is settled later with the Casino. Baccarat can be played in most major casinos today, and it's one of the more popular games because of its high wagering limits and simple rules.
Did you find this article helpful? Share your thoughts with friends...