Use This Visualization to Help Hurricane Victims
By Eve Delunas
I believe in the power of a united vision to make a difference in the world. When we shine our collective lights on any portion of our planet, we become greater than the sum of our individual parts and can co-create miracles together. The dismantling of the Berlin Wall was one example of the power of group consciousness to manifest a positive change in the world.
In the wake of Hurricane Katrina, many of us hear the call in our hearts and souls to reach out to the survivors who have lost so much. So we send what we can to those who are providing physical and psychological assistance to hurricane victims. We open our communities to receive the displaced and the homeless. We pray for them. And we wonder if there is more we can do to help.
There is something else you can do to make a positive difference: You can join in Spirit with those who are envisioning healing, comfort, and solace for the many who are suffering in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.
New developments in quantum physics tell us we are all a part of the same "unified field of consciousness." This means that your thoughts and mine ultimately form one great whole. The implications of this theory are vast. For example, it suggests that as more of us practice holding peaceful thoughts, we can create a critical mass that actually impacts the behavior of the whole.
Over the past twenty years, scientific research has documented the relationship between group meditation in various cities in the U.S. and Canada, and significant reductions in traffic accidents, suicides, violent crime, and even unemployment. These studies have been replicated numerous times, and published in scientific peer-reviewed journals.
When we employ visualization, we form a collective field of consciousness with the unified intention of creating positive transformation. Here is a process for using the power of imagery to assist those whose lives have been affected by this disaster.
As you follow this process, keep in mind that it isn't necessary to see things clearly when you visualize. Some of us feel or sense things more than we picture them in our imagination. However you do it is okay.
A VISUALIZATION TO AID HURRICANE VICTIMS
- Sitting comfortably with your back straight, close your eyes and begin breathing slowly and deeply.
- Imagine there is a beautiful beam of light coming down from the center of the heavens directly into the top of your head. This light is pure, positive energy. It is the light that creates worlds. The light of perfect peace and unconditional love. The light of Source. The light of well-being.
- Sense this light filling your body from head to toe. Feel it enlightening and enlivening each cell. Experience it as soothing and relaxing every part of you. Allow it to penetrate to the deepest level of your being. Open to receive its blessings, its loving presence.
- Next, experience this light as pouring out of your heart, and going to all of those who have been impacted by Hurricane Katrina—survivors, rescue workers, and the relatives and friends of victims. Imagine the light from your heart spreads soothing, upliftment, healing, and comfort to each one it touches.
- Now send your heart-light to the entire U.S. Gulf region, blanketing the land, and all life—including people, plants, and animals.
- Next imagine things as you would like them to be for the hurricane survivors. For example, picture them as thriving, living abundant, joyful lives. Let your imagination soar here. Be light-hearted with this process. You needn't know how these things will come about—simply visualize all of the good that you desire for these people, as if it is already a reality. Remind yourself that the better you feel as you envision the changes you desire, the more helpful you are to the hurricane survivors.
- Whenever you are ready, come back slowly and gradually, and open your eyes.
Did you find this article helpful? Share your thoughts and suggestions with your Facebook or Twitter friends below...