7 Tips to Writing a Successful
Life Plan in 5 Easy Steps
By Lori Wade
“No wind favors he who has no destined port.”
~ Michel de Montaigne
Having a life plan is essential if you do not want to regret wasting your life. However, composing such a plan seems like a daunting task to complete.
Just think of the time and effort invested in figuring out what your life goals are and what ways you can use to get to the point of destination!
But the good news is that with our simple tips on how to create a good life plan with all the steps and goals thought through and well-structured, you can compose it within the shortest time possible.
So, if you want to start living a purpose-driven life, but do not know where to start with the plan, this article is for you.
Seven tips on how to write a plan for a successful life
- Analyze your life today.
It consists of many different aspects and all of them are equally important. So, start with writing down all of those ideas in one document. You might want to mention the relationships you value, the career you chose, your family, financial situation, and plans for the future personal growth.
How satisfied are you with the results you achieved in each of these aspects? How far have you moved up the career ladder? Would you want to strengthen some relationships?
Take notes of all the thoughts you have in the process.
- Define your key responsibilities and roles.
You need to have a clear understanding of what your main focuses should be, and this depends on what you view as your main responsibilities. Do you want to become a better parent? Or are you willing to grow more as a professional? What is it that you need to invest more time and effort into at this stage?
Have this list before your eyes and continue to the next point.
- Choose to focus on a couple of areas at once.
Do not overestimate your possibilities and only choose several things to “major” in. For instance, if you want to start a family aiming to be happily married to the same person for years, then you need to lay a proper foundation for it. Start growing personally to move towards this and ensure that your financial situation allows you to start a family soon.
- Define goals.
Now, start setting long-term goals. You will break them into smaller doable steps afterward but for now, you need to have clear goals.
When setting goals, make them SMART which means that each goal is to be Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Timely. Only if these five requirements are met, your goals will be achieved. Otherwise, you are pushing yourself to pursue something, not at all relevant or important. And that is not a good motivation.
- Break each step into actions.
Now you need to plan specific actions for each goal. What exactly will you do to achieve what you want? What will you need for it? Make those steps small and doable not to drop the whole idea altogether.
And when specifying actions for each goal, consider thinking about the present day and what exactly you can do today to come to a step closer to your goal.
- Start implementing the plan.
Finally, it is that time for you to start implementing those goals. Take one step at a time and move toward the desired results. Ask people around you to support you on your way, ask for help, and learn from failures.
It is much easier to achieve goals with people supporting you, so do not say “I know it all” and accept people helping you.
- Review the results along the way.
You will need to stop and recharge as you move toward your goal. This will prevent a burnout. A lot has been said about burnout and you can find tons of cause and effect essay examples proving this point to you. So, do not underestimate the value of rest. Besides, you need to be accountable to someone for higher efficiency.
No matter how organized and determined you are, the fact that you will have to report to someone (even if it is a friend of yours) will push you to do more!
Now that you know what tips to use and how exactly to work on your successful life plan, it is time for you to choose the perfect tools for this matter.
Your choices are truly unlimited when it comes to tools for creating a good life plan. But we will only talk about the most important ones:
- Trans4mind's Tools for transformation is your first option. Here you can learn more about yourself and establish your first goals that will lead you to things that you truly value and strive to achieve. Real professionals can teach, motivate, and encourage you on the way to becoming a better version of yourself.
- Goal-Buddy is the second option you have. This tool will help you establish goals, both short and long-term and move toward them. You can mark some goals as completed. This tool can really speed up the process of achieving goals and make it fun and easy along the way.
- Wunderlist is the third tool on our list but that has nothing to do with it being less effective than other tools. It is a fantastic task manager you can easily install on your device and keep before your eyes at all times. Besides, it will not only help you keep track of long-term goals, but also create to-do lists on a daily basis.
- The Way of Life is another fantastic tool that will help you get back on track with all your set goals wherever needed. Dozens of people have already got it on their devices and make daily use of the benefits it has to offer. The app is available in many languages. So, set goals, track the progress, and fine-tune your priorities whenever needed. Truly designed to help people with certain goals in mind to move towards them, the Way of Life is an excellent tool to achieve more goals within shorter time.
If you are about to create a life plan, then you are on the right way! It is an excellent idea and you definitely should stick to it.
And if it seems like a daunting task, worry no more, but follow our tips! Do you have other important aspects of building a successful life plan in mind? Please share them with us. We will be happy to hear them!