Want to Free-up Space on Your iPhone?
Must-Know Tricks to Transfer Photos
from iPhone to Computer
If you want to make some free space on your iPhone, then you are at the right place. These days, a lot of users struggle from the lack of storage on their iPhone. The easiest solution to free up more space on your device is by transferring some data on your computer. For instance, you can just transfer photos from iPhone to computer and make more space on the device while taking its backup at the same time. To do this, you can use iTunes or some of the best iTunes alternatives. We will make you familiar with these solutions right here.
Method 1: Transfer Photos from iPhone to Computer with One-click
Yes, you have read it right. Now, with a single click, you can easily transfer your photos from your iOS device to computer. To do this, you can take the assistance of dr.fone – Transfer (iOS). It is an iOS device manager that will let you move your content from iPhone to computer or vice-versa. You can also move your data between iOS and Android devices as well as iPhone and iTunes.
A part of the dr.fone toolkit, it is extremely easy to use and provides a preview of our photos. You can move your photos, videos, contacts, messages, and more. It also allows us to rebuild an iTunes library without even using iTunes. All of this makes it one of the best iTunes alternatives. It is compatible with every leading iOS device like iPhone XR, XS, XS Max, X, 8, etc. Here’s how you can use it...
1. Install dr.fone – Transfer (iOS) on your Mac or Windows PC. Launch it whenever you wish to manage your device and go to the “Transfer” module from its welcome screen.
2. Using an authentic cable, connect your iPhone to your system and trust it (if you are connecting your device for the first time). In no time, the application will automatically detect your device and provide its snapshot with some shortcuts.
3. From all the provided options on its home, click on “Transfer Device Photos to PC”. This will let you transfer all the photos stored in your iPhone to your system.
4. A browser window will be launched so that you select the location where you wish to save the photos.
5. In case if you wish to preview your photos and perform a selective transfer, then go to the “Photos” tab of the application instead. This will display all the saved photos in different folders.
6. Simply preview and select the photos (or albums) that you wish to move. Afterward, click on the export button on the interface’s toolbar and simply export the selected photos to your computer.
That’s it! By using dr.fone – Transfer (iOS), you can perform a batch transfer with one click or selectively move the photos of your choice.
Method 2: Transfer photos from iPhone to your Computer using iTunes
If you are familiar with the entire Apple ecosystem, then you must have used iTunes as well. With it, you can easily copy your photos from your device to the computer. Though, you should know that iTunes would “sync” your photos. Therefore, if you would delete them from one source, the changes will be reflected everywhere. This might not solve the shortage of space on your device in the long run and you might end up losing your data. Nevertheless, you can follow these steps to transfer photos from iPhone to computer...
1. Launch an updated version of iTunes on your system and connect your iPhone to it using an authentic cable.
2. Once your iPhone is detected by iTunes, click on the device icon and select your iPhone.
3. Now, go to the “Photos” tab on iTunes from the left panel and turn on the option of “Sync Photos”.
4. From here, you can choose whether you wish to copy photos from a certain source or sync all photos. Click on the “Apply” button to implement the changes.
As you can see, the method won’t let you selectively copy your photos or have their preview. Due to its limitations, a lot of users look for the best iTunes alternatives.
Method 3: Sync your photos across multiple devices using iCloud
If you don’t want to connect your iOS device to the system and perform a wireless transfer of data, then you can take the assistance of iCloud. By default, every user gets a free storage of 5 GB on iCloud, which can later be expanded by buying more space. The good thing is that by syncing your photos to iCloud, you can access them across multiple devices. Though, this will also sync your photos and won’t ideally help you free up some space on your iPhone.
1. Unlock your iPhone and go to its Settings. Tap on your Apple ID to proceed.
2. From all the provided options, go to iCloud settings and turn on the “iCloud Photo Library” feature.
3. This would automatically upload photos from your device to iCloud and make them available on the synced devices. There is also an option to upload photos in the original format or let your phone optimize them.
4. Now, in order to access these photos on your Mac or Windows PC, launch the iCloud application. Make sure that you have installed the iCloud app on your Windows computer beforehand.
5. Turn on the syncing option for “Photos” from the iCloud app.
6. Also, you can go to its Photo Options and enable the iCloud Photo Library feature from here as well. Furthermore, you can provide the location where your photos would be saved.
I’m sure that after getting to know about these solutions, you can easily transfer photos from iPhone to computer. Though if you really want to take a backup of your photos and free up some space on your device, then give dr.fone – Transfer (iOS) a try. It can help you transfer all the photos at once or will let you selectively move the data of your choice. A user-friendly, fast, and reliable tool, it is a must-have iPhone manager for every user out there.
Did you find this article helpful? Share your thoughts with friends...