How To Style Human Hair Lace Front Wigs?
Human hair wigs are the new in thing when it comes to fashion and accessorizing a fire outfit. Women have so much more to work with thanks to this trend, with colorful wigs of varying lengths available in the market, best suited to every individual need. Fashion icons and black women extraordinaire like Angela Bassett, Yara Shahidi, and even Queen B – Beyoncé herself – have been giving this trend life.
Human hair wigs have to be styled and kept almost the same as your natural hair. The only advantage here is that your natural hair goes almost completely untouched, and survives undamaged.
Human hair lace front wigs are made of special REMY hair which is picked with the follicle still intact. This hair is handwoven into the sheer lace which can be attached to the scalp. Human hair lace front wigs have progressed now to a point that they can be styled in almost any manner imaginable. Think Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande – their hairstyles have long been known to be eccentric and beautiful, and are made out of human hair lace front wigs.
How can these be used:
Human hair lace front wigs are the best option available for women who love changing up their style but hate to damage their natural hair. This is the most obvious advantage of wearing human hair lace front wigs. However, along with this, the human hair lace front wig allows you to control the way that your hairline looks from the front. These wigs come with large lace underlays, which when worn, jut out in front of your forehead. This can be cut suitably to complement your facial structure and to achieve a beautiful hairline.
The human hair lace front wig requires you to do the following:
- Braid, organize, or tie up your natural hair suitably.
- Apply balm, or conditioner and put on a wig cap.
- Place your wig suitably on your wig cap, and glue it on.
- Once the glue is dry, cut an appropriate hairline.
- To finish the look, lay your edges, and style as preferred.
How to style human hair lace front wigs:
There are many ways to style a human hair lace front wig. Caring for these wigs includes using sulfate-less shampoo, conditioner, serums, and being judicious with the amount of heat styling you apply to it.
Here are some styling tips for your human hair lace front wigs which will give you the smoothest and best finish for any look you may want to pull off:
- Heat application – Using heat tools on human hair lace front wigs is incomplete without heat-resistant serums. These wigs are an investment that should last you at least 6 months to a year, and not using heat-resistant products on it before pulling out the heat tools reduces their life. It is important to note that heat must be controlled on your styling tool, and the tool must be used on dry hair only.
- No-Heat Style – Styling a human hair lace front wig is the most fun part of having it since the wig is so versatile, no matter what the quality and type of hair is. Here are some no-heat styles you can try with human hair lace front wigs:
- Beachy waves – For this style, you will require sea-salt spray and a wide-toothed comb. To achieve the best results, detangle your hair, and braid it into two braids on either side of your head. Apply the sea-salt spray to your hair and leave it to set. Once the wig is dry, open the braids and detangle with a wide-toothed comb, or run your fingers through it.
- Pin-Straight – If you want pin-straight hair without any heat tools, pick up straightening shampoo and conditioners. Make sure to towel dry your wig, and then put it up in a t-shirt. This will remove excess water and humidity, and leave your hair straight.
- Dealing with curly wigs – Curling a human hair lace front wig is not too tough, but it is not to be done frequently. This is because trying to change the pattern of curls on the wig into another causes damage to the texture of the human hair. To change it up a little without altering too much, use a wide-toothed comb to open up the curls. This can also be done through twist braids across your scalp and leaving in a conditioner or serum to set the curls. Open these up, and enjoy your curls!
- Dealing with straight hair wigs – There is a lot smaller risk of creating damage to the human hair lace front wig if the hair is straight and to be curled rather than the other way round. Just section your hair into small sections, and use a curling iron to make curls as you desire. Don't forget the setting spray for long-lasting effects!
- Laying the hairline – Wigs may be a fashion statement, but they are also a personal choice. If you feel that your hairline is not too great, human hair lace front wigs are for you. You could cut yourself a hairline that looks more natural with the lace. Angle the wig in a manner that it sits half an inch behind your natural hairline.
- Laying your edges – Edges refer to the cowlicks that surround your face, framing it. If your natural hairline has a lot of baby hair around the face, you would want to retain that in your wig as well. Once your hairline is cut, style the edges and lay them flat on your head by using a toothbrush and setting gel.
Human hair lace front wigs are investments. These wigs require tender love and care in order to make them last long enough. These precautionary directions to style your human hair lace front wigs should get you through this journey perfectly!