Meetings: Effective Tool or Pointless Time Waster?
Meetings remain an indispensable part of our professional lives. For remote workers, they can be the only occasion to catch up with their colleagues. Could it be that meetings are not that bad after all?
LiveCareer surveyed over 1000 employees to explore how much time they really spend in meetings, their feelings about them, how they cope with in-meeting boredom, and much more!
Here are some interesting facts they uncovered:
- Most workers spend between 4 and 10 hours per week in meetings, with similar results for online and in-person gatherings.
- Half of the respondents prefer attending in-person meetings, while 31% confess that they find online meetings more stressful.
- 75% of employees admit to doing other things during meetings. Their most common pass-time activities include: reading the news (39%), browsing social media (38%), and… reading books (38%).
- Contrary to popular belief, the majority (61%) believe workplace meetings benefit employees.
- 46% of respondents prefer to have their camera on during online meetings.
- 70% think that online meetings are a great opportunity to see and talk with people when working remotely.
Learn more from the infographics below...
Lots more insights available online at LiveCareer...
Did you find this article helpful? Share your thoughts with friends...