How to Put Watermark on a Photo in 4 Steps? Know Here!
Have you recently been a victim of online photography fraud? Have your pictures been used somewhere, and you have yet to be given due credit? Well, it's time you claim what’s yours - those pictures! How so? By watermarking them. When you watermark a picture, you attach a logo to it that claims your authority over that picture. Hence, in the future, nobody can use it without your permission or negate your credit, which is deserved.
Assuming you are new to this world of creative authorship, you might wonder how to proceed. Your search ends here! This article will give you a detailed insight into the steps of watermarking and some key factors to note before you choose a tool to assist you with the same. Here’s how to go about it -
What are the steps in watermarking your picture?
You can watermark your picturewith the help of a tool in multiple ways. In this section, you will get an idea of the steps to follow when you put watermark on a photo-
Step 1 - Select the pictures you have to watermark. If it's a single photo, click on it and drag it to the tool. If it is a batch of photos, first change your settings (to include multiple images), then drag the folder/photos to the tool.
Step 2 - Choose the style of your watermark. A credible tool offers you a vast variety - from graphics to italics to bold or even text. Once you finish that, upload it as a PNG file (whatever format the original file may be in). You must place it on a transparent background and then choose the font.
Step 3 - It's time to adjust the watermark. Choose the color (if you want to include a specific shade), and then edit it (check its transparency levels and lower the opacity levels). After that, adjust the effectiveness so that it does not superimpose on the picture.
Step 4 - To protect the watermark, opt for diagonal or vertical formats and change the backdrop to include shadows. Once that is done, your watermark is ready.
Save it for the future. You can customize from there accordingly.
What if you don’t have an internet connection?
In the above-mentioned section, you have seen how you may watermark a picture in a normal way. However, what if you don’t have an internet connection? How do you set your logo, then? Here’s the way -
- Since most noted apps are curated in a way to function without the Internet, select the pictures or the photo you have to mark and place them on the tool.
- Either you previously designed the watermark and kept it ready, or customize it and add it to the photo. If you are doing the latter one, figure out the size and your design choice and tone down its effect and opacity. In this way, you can maintain the effect of the picture, and the logo will not look like an imposition.
- All set? Specify the output settings and then put the watermark on your pictures. The authorized-logo bound picture is ready!
Assuming you have understood the steps and can match them accordingly, now it is time to find a tool that encompasses these steps. This will invariably ease the process for you.
What to check before getting a tool?
So, you have seen the variety of ways you may follow to put a watermark on the photo. But, then, to achieve the same, you do need a tool that encompasses it all, if not the maximum of them. So, here are some key factors you must check before getting one -
- It should be a tool that you can use with ease. Whether a novice or an experienced individual, this watermarking tool should serve everyone who comes forth with various requirements.
- It must function in all formats. You may need to watermark a PNG file or JPG/JPEG file. Therefore, you will require a tool that functions over a wide variety of file types with the same proficiency.
- Customization is the key to finalizing. You must find a tool that customizes the design and offers a range of associated editing options (cropping, blurring, and compressing). Once you have watermarked the picture, you must be able to edit it according to the set demands.
- Lastly, find a tool that works on all formats (mobile and desktop) and both manually and automatically (as per set). Change the set-up according to your needs and let the tool work magic on your picture.
Multiple tools are available in the market, so you must follow these parameters before you pick one.
A cautionary factor
Though you now know of the advantages of watermarking your pictures and would do the same, however, many may discourage you from doing so. The sole reason for this is that - according to specific individuals, watermarking a picture interferes with its aesthetic qualities and diminishes its value. Now, this holds true only when you get yourself a tool that does not maintain quality standards.
If you check the watermarking tool according to the parameters mentioned above, then assuredly, you will get one that in no way negates the photo's aesthetics. Instead, it helps to customize the photo - completely in tune with your backdrop, enhancing the quality of the picture. If you are primarily looking at marketing or using your images from a business perspective, you must find a tool that matches these points.
To capture a moment that resonates with that specific memory for a lifetime is what every photographer hopes for. However, when they do and upload the same, its theft is emotionally and financially unbearable. Hence, it is crucial that the creator claims authority over their creation and watermark the picture. For that, you need to figure out a tool that helps with the watermarking but in no way interferes with the aesthetic beauty of that photo. Hence, be extremely cautious while picking a tool and then proceed.