Plenty of Fish Review ― 2020
Founded in 2003 by Markus Frind, Plenty of Fish or just POF, is the second largest dating site with over a 100 million members! It is popular primarily in Canada, considering that it's headquarters is based in Vancouver, British Columbia. Its popularity is also attributable to the fact that it is a free site, however― it does offer premium memberships, which we will dig into later in this Plenty of Fish review.
It has been estimated that Plenty of Fish gets 6 billion views monthly. Well that right there, is certainly a catch!
For most people, a “free dating app/site” = waste of time. Why is that? It is because they consider that most of the traffic on a ‘free’ site makes up from people who are not looking for a serious relationship, which is why they haven’t dipped far into their wallet. Well, statistically speaking, that’s a false assumption or at least as far as POF is concerned, it is not true.
Let’s dig deeper into what Plenty of Fish has got to offer you:
The very first step is signing in (in case, you didn’t know!), and after you do so the first thing that pops up is a Who’s Chatting Now counter! As the name suggests, it shows you the numbers of conversations taking place on the site at that very moment. During the signing in process, the site hits you up with a bundle of questions which for most users is a “bit too much to handle”. People prefer a more user friendly (easy to use) interface, and POV gives more of tacky vibes. The mobile app keeps getting new updates, which is why every now and then you might encounter a new feature or a change of place for an old one. POF prioritizes messaging, which is why it shows the inbox icon in the centre. It also highlights users who it regards as the “most active”. These people are more likely to respond to your messages and the Will Respond profiles show people who are apt to spend time getting to know you. Despite all these recommendations, you can contact anyone you want at any time of the day.
Further options (icons) include:
- SEARCH: This function operates according to your criteria. It shows standard filter options ―age, ethnicity, body type, income and also to search by the span of your potential partners longest relationship. This helps you judge how compatible you are with them.
- NEARBY: Shows potential partners within 0.5 miles of your vicinity and you can text them anytime you want.
- MY MATCHES: The name pretty much speaks for itself. It lists down all the members you have matched with.
- VIEWED ME: Here you can see whoever viewed your profile. It helps you guess who might really be interested.
- MEET ME: Pretty much speaks for itself!
- PROFILE: Here you can edit your profile to make it look interesting! Make sure the outlook of your profile does justice to you.
- FAVOURITES: Any or all the members you have starred, show here. Hit them up at your convenience!
Plenty of Fish also offers premium memberships on extremely low rates. Messaging people is free on the site, however, for premium extras they only charge $19.99/mo and as low as $9.99/mo for an eight-month subscription. The upgraded plan allows you track people more personally. Their extra interests and preferences, read receipts, last seen, and people you may have written off too in the past. To further elevate your profile, you can also buy Tokens which cost only around $1.69-$1.99.
Did you find this article helpful? Share your thoughts with friends...
Want to submit an article? Click here...