A Resolution Method That Works
By Nisandeh Neta
At the end of each year, it is traditional to make a New Year's Resolution. With such "agreements", we commit ourselves to resolving personal issues, yet more often than not, fail to keep these commitments.
The concept in itself is a good one: to make an assessment of our lives, to contemplate what we wish to modify during the following twelve months, and then making a commitment to that change. What therefore, can we do to enhance the probability of successful attainment of our resolutions?
Although it seems a complex and mystifying issue, 'consciously creating' involves simple tools and techniques that do not require your belief or understanding in order for them to work for you.
The following are a few of the main points you need to remember in order to manifest successfully, what your heart desires:
- Commit your resolutions to paper. Contemplation, in itself is not enough.
- Keep your list short. A list of 10 resolutions is big enough to create a 'critical mass' of energy through which to 'get your message across' and is short enough to be remembered and therefore practical.
- Keep your resolutions simple, clear and detailed. Instead of "I make a lot of money" use "I earn xxx during 2003"
- Create a clear picture of your resolutions in present time as if they were already realized. Involve all your senses in this picture - see it, smell it, touch it... Bring to the picture positive emotions such as excitement, joy and fun.
- Repeat the thought and visualization process of your resolutions twice a day. It takes about 20-25 minutes a day, and is worth the investment of time.
- Communicate your resolutions to others. In this way you strengthen your commitment, creating for yourself a support group.
- Make a step every day towards realizing your resolutions, no matter how small. This step can even be of a mental nature. However, a daily step towards each resolution is going to make realization faster than you can imagine.
- Acknowledge yourself for any step you complete on the way to realizing your resolution.
- When one of your resolutions is realized ensure that you celebrate the personal success and treat yourself.
- After realizing any of your resolutions, cross it off your list and replace it with another. Maintain your list of 10 resolutions, throughout the year, thus keeping them alive.
REMEMBER: A fish is born to swim, a bird is born to fly and a human being is born to create.
Article by Nisandeh Neta, trainer, success coach and healer. Start living each day at a higher level of success, passion and fulfillment. No hocus pocus! Just awareness and open mind.
As a species we have evolved to a level of consciousness, whereby we are no longer able to avoid our responsibility as creators. Reclaiming our power is essential to both our individual survival and the healing of our planet. This collection aims to motivate, inspire, empower and uplift you to make a difference in your life, thus create a better world for you, as well as for others.
Did you find this article helpful? Share your thoughts with friends...