The Relationship Doctor
By Dr Jackie Black
Our lives are built on a number of relationships - relationships at home, at work, with friends and family, and the people we do business with. You can't survive without people - and as we rely more and more on technology to communicate, it seems our social skills are waning.
People experience difficulties in relating to others - and it's always someone else's fault! You will have heard people saying things like, "I never know what to say to Ed, he's just so touchy," or "I don't know what's the matter with Tracy, she seems to go out of her way to make life difficult." Then there's the personal relationship that seems to be too difficult. The problem is that we often don't know where to start. Enter the relationship doctor: Dr Jackie Black.
"Relationships are one of those areas that we are all 'supposed' to be naturally good at," says Dr Jackie, "but, it's a bit like parenting, nobody gives you a handbook or teaches you the skills that are essential, so many of us struggle - often in vain - to make relationships successful. Look at all the broken relationships, rifts in families, and friendships that have been destroyed by something someone has said or done, or hasn't said or hasn't done."
Dr Jackie Black is a relationship expert who has worked on a one-to-one basis as a coach to lots of people who have relationship problems. "People don't need to be in a bad relationship to need help; we all have problem areas that seem to keep reoccurring. All I do is help people learn how to use tools and strategies to deal with issues proactively rather than react emotionally."
So who uses a relationship coach? The people Dr Jackie coaches are from all sorts of backgrounds - from chief executives and managers to plumbers and electricians, from artists to housewives. Now and again we could all do with some help! Dr Jackie has been coaching people and teaching relationship skills for many years and is very well known throughout the USA and Canada, the U.K. and Australasia with her own Internet Radio Show.
Not only do people need help with their existing relationships, but, with so many marriages hitting the rocks, more and more singles are on the scene. In fact, sometimes we don't even know where to begin to meet Mr or Ms Right! "If you've been out of the dating game for a while, it's hardly surprising that you get 'rusty' at the whole business of flirting, dating and getting to know someone. Plus, if your last relationship had problems, there's always that little voice at the back of your head telling you that you must be mad to want to do all that again!" explains Dr Jackie.
It was when she realized that as one person she could only help so many people, that she started thinking about how to reach more people and help them. She started designing a series of eCourses on dating and relationships that can be done entirely through email. The idea was to offer more than just a workbook, but to add audio messages from Dr Jackie, and regular telephone 'clinics' to enable the people following the programme to talk directly to her.
"When people are having trouble with relationships I feel a bit like an auto-mechanic with a car that is not running properly. You listen carefully to find out what needs to be fixed or replaced. 'I don't have time for a relationship', is code for 'I don't have a clue how to date and feel daunted by the whole idea,' or 'I'm too nervous and scared that I will fail again!'" My mission is to challenge you to explore the old beliefs and expectations which can cause you pain; to awaken you to the new realities of relationships; to revitalize you," says Dr Jackie.
The Dating eCourse series is now completed, enabling Dr Jackie to fulfill one of her ambitions: to help more people "date smart" and develop successful relationships. There are seven eCourses, each with five 'lessons' - including 'Making Sense of the Dating Process,' 'Saying What You Mean and Meaning What You Say' and 'Internet Dating.' Dr Jackie makes her 'students' work for their results; it's not a quick fix or an easy option. The questions that students work through tend to dig deep...
"It's not just instructive; it isn't only a book, you really need to work at it - to do the writing and exercises - which makes it very experiential. Questions build on each other, so that, even done superficially, it will take people deep into what influences their relationships. After completing the Dating eCourse series you will have a clearer idea of what you have been doing, why it may not have been working, and what options and choices you have to make dating more enjoyable, effective and successful," says Dr Jackie.
Tools for Transformation
Check out the menus on the top of every page too!
Support your personal development with these popular and effective hypnosis downloads...
- Find Your Identity ~ Know deep-down really who you are.
- Believe In Yourself ~ Build trust in who you are and what you can do.
- Self Discipline ~ Finally take charge of your life.
- Develop Powerful Resilience ~ How to be more robust to knocks in life.
- Awakening Intuition ~ Learn how to pay attention to your unconscious.
- Sweet Tooth ~ Train your brain to lose your sweet tooth.
- Finish What You Start ~ Sprint all the way past the finish line.
- Do It Now ~ A hypnosis audio to trigger deep, emotionally driven activity.
- Life Priorities ~ Hypnosis can help you clarify what really matters to you.
- Stop Thinking About Someone ~ A session to help you move on from thoughts that have been constantly pestering you.
- Public Speaking Fear ~ Banish speaking anxiety and nerves with hypnosis.
- Motivate Yourself to Exercise ~ Build a powerful exercise habit that you can't break.
- Get Rid of Fear & Anxiety ~ Stop worry and apprehension wrecking your life.
- Self Esteem ~ Break the negative trance of low self esteem and give yourself a chance in life.
- Create Your Own Reality ~ Use the power of your unconscious mind to transform your life.
- Deeper Self Respect ~ Use hypnosis to connect with your true inner worth.
- Detach From Fear ~ Tune out nervousness and anxiety with hypnosis.
- Improving Concentration and Focus ~ Learn how to discipline, direct and command your mind to improve your performance.
- Exercise Motivation ~ Give you powerful keys to getting back on track with your exercise - and staying there.
- Overcoming Shyness ~ Provides an invisible security blanket allowing you to develop social ease and overcome shyness.
- Quick Confidence Booster ~ An audio hypnosis session that's specifically designed to get you (quickly!) back on track.
- Stop Negative Thoughts ~ Learn powerful hypnotic techniques to stop negative thoughts before they start.
- Overcoming Procrastination ~ Let hypnosis help you get on with what you need to do, when you need to do it. Let nothing hold you back.
- Think Thin ~ Use hypnosis to re-train your brain and lose weight naturally... that's how to get and stay slim.
- Fall Asleep Fast ~ Relearn how to fall asleep fast and enjoy a good night's sleep.
- The Next Level ~ Designed to radically boost your performance in any field. It's based on a technique used by top athletes and other successful people to help them make a big stride forward.