Introduction     Search/Sitemap
Trans4mind Home Page
Home Article Library Child Development & Parenting

6 Reasons Why You Need Better Baby Wipes

Better Baby Wipes

Shopping for baby wipes can feel overwhelming. There are so many options to choose from, and you might have just gone with whatever brand your friend recommended or the wipes you received at your baby shower. But as your child’s parent, you’re the only one who knows which wipe is genuinely the best.

If you’re wondering whether your child’s baby wipes are the best, keep reading to learn why it might be time to get a better product for your little one.

1. Baby’s Sensitive Skin

If your baby or toddler’s skin looks a little red or raw, or you have to apply a bit more pressure with a dry wipe, it’s time to change their baby wipes.

Whether a wipe is too dry or filled with toxic ingredients, you can find better options for your baby. For example, a wipe like Coterie baby wipes is made with water and very moist to make cleaning easier and better for your baby’s bottom.

2. Recommended by Pediatricians and Dermatologists

Do you know if the baby wipes you’re using are recommended by not only pediatricians by also dermatologists? Of course, you want only the best for your baby, and finding a baby wipe that professionals recommend is the best way.

Pediatricians know the ins and outs of what’s best for your baby’s overall health. However, the benefit of finding a product recommended by dermatologists means you know that your baby’s skin will be safe and protected with those wipes.

Another critical factor to consider in these recommendations is that the brand you purchase from took the time to get their product approved by these professionals. Brands willing to take the extra step to provide peace of mind for parents are brands you can trust.

3. No Plastic

Almost 90% of wipes on the shelves are made with some type of plastic material. So whether you and your family are on a mission to reduce your plastic usage or reduce how much plastic you use with your child, you’ll want to switch to a baby wipe that’s completely free of plastic.

While about 10% of baby wipes on the market aren’t made with plastic materials, that doesn’t mean they’re hard to come by. On the contrary, finding a baby wipe free of plastic is possible. Coterie baby wipes, for example, have zero plastics and are also free of latex, rubber, dyes, heavy metals, and chlorine bleaching, which is an added benefit for parents.

4. Sustainable for the Environment

As mentioned above, a majority of baby wipes contain plastic material. This can wreak havoc on the environment because plastic resins like polyester or polypropylene, commonly used in mainstream baby wipes, aren’t completely biodegradable. Opt for wipes that are 100% compostable instead.

By using less, you can reduce your environmental impact. For example, depending on your baby diaper changes, you may use two to five wipes for each change. Wipes from Coterie are larger, so you can use less for each change.

5. Better Quality

Not all baby wipes are created equally. Some baby wipes stand up better to diaper changes than others. If you find your wipes dry out too quickly, don’t give your baby an effective clean, or rip when you use them, it’s time to make a switch.

Quality wipes should be durable enough to handle challenging diaper changes and gentle enough for your baby’s skin. Finding that delicate balance will keep your baby cleaner and happier.

6. Fewer Ingredients

You might be used to checking ingredient labels on your food products, but what about your baby products? For example, most wipes on the market are filled with tons of ingredients that aren’t the best for your baby, like fragrance, dye, parabens, and phthalates. These can irritate your baby’s skin and aren’t necessary ingredients for baby wipes.

The best baby wipes for your baby are products with fewer ingredients. For example, Coterie baby wipes have just 5 simple ingredients, and each one is safe for your baby and has a necessary function for your little one’s health. Made of 99% water, the remaining 1% of Coterie wipes include 2 skincare ingredients (Vitamin E, and Glycerin) and 3 gentle preservatives to ensure safety (Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate, and Hydroxyacetophenone).

Put your baby’s health first, and consider switching your regular baby wipes to an option that’s safer, gentler, and better for your little one.


Did you find this article helpful? Share your thoughts with friends...

Share on Facebook   Share on Twitter
More Child Development & Parenting articles
You'll find good info on many topics using our site search:
Trans4mind HomeResourcesArticle Library