How to Develop Your Child's Genius
Here are 10 key ways you can help your child grow toward brilliance, from their birth through to adulthood...
- Start as early as possible: Start now. Whatever your child's age is - don't delay. If yours is a newborn, it is a perfect time to start. If your child is a teenager - it is not too late. As parents, it is our privilege, and our obligation to take care of our child's education. Now is the best time to start.
- Make it fun. For children, learning is fun. What do you think a child does when he plays with his toys? He is diligently learning about his environment. If you observe a young child playing with his toys, you can see that when a child learned all that he can learn from a toy, he tosses it aside, and looks for a new one! Keep it light and fun. Make sure your child grows to be a life long learner.
- You are your child's natural teacher. No matter how many teachers your child has in school and outside of school, you are his first and most important teacher. Take advantage of this and make sure you teach your child valuable lessons.
- We all underestimate the ability of children to learn. When babies can't speak yet, we don't know how much they can learn, and how fast they learn. We don't know how much they can understand. But this is a very valuable time, when they are learning their mother tongue. We can take advantage of this important period of time to teach them how to read!
- If you expose your child to many subjects and activities, your child will show you what he is interested in. Then you can take advantage of his interest, and relate other subjects to it. Let your child lead the way.
- Children hate to be tested. Never test your child, or it will stop being fun for him. Trust that whatever learning activity you are doing with your child, is successful. Trust that your child is learning. Never doubt that. When it is the right time, your child will show you how much he learned.
- Children learn much faster than we adults do. If you want to keep your young child interested, you have to move at your child's speed - fast.
- Your child's self confidence and self esteem are most important. Look for things to praise him for, and avoid criticism. One idea is, every day, when your child goes to bed, discuss the day's events and mention all the successes and achievements of the day. Get into the habit of doing this, it will make a big difference in your child's confidence.
- Teach your child to set goals early on. At the beginning of the year you can set yearly goals, at the beginning of the month set monthly goals, and at the beginning of the week - weekly goals. Teach your child how to put together a plan, and how to change the plan when it is necessary. At the end of the year, celebrate the child's achievements of the past year. Make sure your child knows how successful he is.
- Make sure your child knows that it's OK to make mistakes. It's OK to try and fail. Failure is just a learning opportunity, a signal to try a different way. A child that knows this, will not be discouraged or give up. A child that knows this lesson, will keep a healthy self esteem and confidence in spite of occasional set backs.
The more you teach your child, the stronger the bond between you. As you watch your child develop, succeed and meet his own goals, the memories you are creating together will turn into the dearest memories in your child's life, and in your own.
Dear friend, please don't delay ! As you know, the earlier you start working with your child, the better the results! Please don't miss the opportunity to develop your child's brain to the fullest, to give your child the most important gift of all - the gift of genius!
From the Foreword by Peter Shepherd
Download How to Develop Your Child's Genius
instantly today - full of insights, hands on activities and information about how I grew my two highly gifted kids, and how you can do it too, plus a whole bunch of further helpful add-ons.
What advantage is it to send a young person out into the world with a head full of knowledge but without the confidence to use it effectively, or the ability to grapple with life's problems with that inner stability and optimism which alone can bring success?
The most important thing your child can learn is that you love them unconditionally, without judgment. That is the rock on which their self-assurance will be built. We need to demonstrate that love by listening, genuinely listening, to our children. By never imposing our own evaluations, instead asking appropriate questions to guide the child to see objectively for themselves. And never making the child wrong when they give their opinions or make mistakes, and try to discover their own unique identity.
Secondly, a child (and each of us) needs to learn that we create our emotional responses based on our interpretation of things. No one "makes me angry" - I make myself angry based on the way I choose to look at things. That is usually highly influenced by the way I have been taught to look at things, especially by my parents, so if we hope for our children to be emotionally intelligent, we need to be ourselves, and we need to base that intelligence on a world view that is open minded and flexible, based on facts and observation, not prejudice and our own cultural conditioning.
It takes time and experience for a child to learn to understand and control their emotions, and to take responsibility for their beliefs, their reactions and behaviors. For this they need guidance and a good example. You.
The supportive knowledge and know-how is readily available and this book, How to Develop Your Child's Genius, is a prime example. Esther has worked hard for many years to research the theory and practice of child development and most importantly has put the principles into practice to aid her own children's development. She has had great results with her children and with her client's kids too! She has been sharing some of the methods she has found to be most effective on her web site and in the present volume she has put together a wide and coordinated collection, to help you bring up a happy and successful family. I highly recommend you read this. It's a very interesting package too. More details here...