Inspiring Quotes of the Week + super bonuses!
Follow These 12 Secrets All the Way Home
By Guy Finley
Letting go is the journey and it never ends. Never. It only begins -- over and over again -- each time we can glimpse something higher than our own painful certainty over who we think we are.
So it is here, within ourselves that the work of letting go must be done. To fully see what is unwanted by us begins with revealing what is unknown within us. There is no other way. This is why we must persist within the inner work of our own individual inner journey.
The most amazing aspect about this special self-voyage is that each time we make it to yet another Higher safe harbor within, we find it isn't so much that we have been delivered to a place of increased personal power as we've been released from a long-held and deep-seated, mistaken belief in a powerless self! And as this false self is washed away in the light of our new understanding, along with it fades all of its equally false desires; desires that up to this point we had been convinced were our own necessary needs.
If we persevere on the journey, we will be well on our way out. We can ask ourselves who needs to worry; to be anxious; to feel lonely or full of doubt; to express anger; to map the future or regret the past; to carry a grudge or plan some revenge? In fact, who needs to feel bad or sad over anything once it is understood that psychic suffering is just a symptom of spiritual short-sightedness? And that is truly all it is. Here now is the cure.
There is always something higher; a life beyond the limits of our present sight. But to see what is further we must be willing to lift our eyes from their present point of focus. This is letting go. Have no concern if at first you can't see. Vision will come. Here is an encouragement. See the truth of it and the truth of it will see you through your journey. Release always follows revelation and real revelation is always a glimpse of something that was only just out of sight.
Here are twelve ways to lift your inner eyes that in themselves tell The Secret of Letting Go:
- You are always right where you need to be to take the next step beyond yourself.
- Living in inner darkness, there are only two choices: The wrong one or the lucky one.
- See the upset not as an exterior circumstance to be remedied, but rather as an interior condition to be understood.
- That bad feeling you don't want to feel is the feeling of not wanting that bad feeling.
- If life knocks you flat on your back, open your eyes: Above you are the Stars.
- You can either die to experiences or from them.
- Letting go is all about finding out who you are not, and having the courage to leave it at that.
- The only way to produce more inner Light is by consciously sitting in the inner darkness.
- Letting go is not giving up; it is going up.
- Defeat is a memory -- it does not exist in real life.
- You can have the realization of helplessness without the feeling of helplessness.
- Never think that any situation is too difficult for Truth to Triumph.
Guy Finley is the best-selling author of more than 40 books and audio albums on self-realization. He is the founder and director of Life of Learning Foundation, a nonprofit center for self-study located in southern Oregon where he gives talks four times each week. For more information get your free Guy Finley Starter Kit. You will receive several free downloadable gifts including a special newsletter filled with helpful insights and encouragement emailed to you once each week